Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
Oregon
Yikes Kim. I hope you get this resolved soon.

KimT

Forum Supporter
Extremely helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
I looked at the culture report and it's enterococcus. After that I decided to take the bidet toilet seat apart and clean it, then flush it out.

I looked back through me records and I've had leukocytes in my urine for two years. I think I need some new doctors. Both my primary care and urologist either ignored it or dismissed it. Daytona Beach is not known for good health care. I'll see what my GP recommends tomorrow. If I'm not satisfied, I'll go to Mayo in Jacksonville.

Kristina1

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
MA
Im late to this but like how all the ladies are here! :)

Swimming- we have a family Y membership. One of the local branches has a therapy pool (basically a smaller pool with water heated a warm temp). My husband is planning to take me this week while kids are at school and take me in the water. I think it will be good for my muscles as I have a lot of stiffness and cramping and we want to do some passive ROM in the pool.

Only thing is my husband will need to change me out of my suit before we leave and I dont know if they have a private unisex changing room. We have this problem when we're out also if I need to go to the bathroom and I need his help but he's not supposed to come in a women's bathroom. It's frustrating searching for unisex restrooms.

KarenNWendyn

Forum Supporter
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
Oregon
So here’s my swimming/ swimsuit routine. I get into my swimsuit at home. My CALS helps. I’m wearing a t shirt and pull-off pants over the swimsuit. I bring a tote bag that contains 2 towels and a pair of underpants. There is an ADA changing room on the pool deck. However, the bench is too low (even with the grab bar) for me to use. I bring my power wheelchair. In the changing room, I can get my shoes and outer clothes off. My assistant puts them in the tote bag.

Then I wheel over to the hydraulic lift chair. I have a gait belt, and my assistant uses it to help me transfer to the hydraulic chair. Once I’m in the pool, the assistant moves my power wheelchair out of the way and turns it off. Then I swim, do ROM exercises, etc.

Meanwhile the assistant takes a large plastic trash bag out of my tote bag, puts it on the seat of the pwc, and places one of the towels over that. When I’m done with being in the water, the assistant moves the pwc back to the hydraulic chair and helps me transfer back to the pwc. The second towel is for drying off. I return to the dressing room and have the option to either go home with the swimsuit still on, or remove the swimsuit, put on the dry undies 😃 and finish dressing. A friend of mine who uses a pwc got our Y to purchase a Hoyer, and he brings his own sling, so this may be an option for me as well when I need it.

I shower at home. It’s an ordeal but it feels so good to be in the water. Besides my CALS, I have two good friends who take turns being my assistant. Our Y can let a care provider accompany people in the pool without having to pay for an additional membership. I’ll keep doing it while I still can.

KimT

Forum Supporter
Extremely helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
I was in our pool today for 30 minutes. The water temperature was 87. I suspect it will be higher tomorrow as we had a very sunny day. I have to watch out that I don't overuse my muscles or twist my body because it causes pain. For me the psychological lift being in the pool/sun offers is wonderful. I always come in feeling better. Our pool doesn't have a lift but the condo act in FL must allow one if it is paid for. Fred thinks he can carry me down the stairs (he was a former life guard) and lower me into the water. We do have PWC ramps from my door into the pool area so that's a plus.

I would recommend get as much swimming/floating/sun in as you can for as long as you can.

KarenNWendyn

Forum Supporter
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
Oregon
Beautiful pool!
You still have a pretty good frog kick!

bodhi

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2018
Country
IND
State
India
Beautiful pool!
You still have a pretty good frog kick!
yup - i was a very good swimmer. water is my element, only place where i feel truly alive and whole. try to preserve at least my legs as long as possible. even breathing is easier in water. but i accept that all will go. enjoying while i can.
hubby hates water but he comes with me.

Nikki J

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
Awesome pictures Bodhi!

We are finally getting some decent weather here so I am enjoying the sun. The pool isn’t open yet and will be too chilly probably but still looking forward to sitting by it I can pretend I am at a resort. Just need waitstaff with umbrella drinks! 😀

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks