PALS chat thread ( PALS only please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a few months of seemingly continuous rain, the last week or so has been delightfully sunny and unseasonably warm. The trees have leafed out and the garden is growing like gang busters. We’ve had to hire out a lot of the garden maintenance as it used to be my passion and I can no longer do any of it.

This picture is of one corner of my backyard, looking out to the hills beyond. Everything is lush and verdant right now. I planted most of the trees in my yard including this group. From left to right: ginkgo, mugo pine, Cedar of Lebanon, Persian parrotia (Persian Ironwood). The parrotia was the last tree I planted, at the time of my diagnosis in 2017. I remember how much work it was, but now its form and color rewards me.

Attachments

• 0BEBC979-7405-43FC-BC76-A7B81BB3DD82.jpg
    0BEBC979-7405-43FC-BC76-A7B81BB3DD82.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 279
Karen,

That is a breathtaking view you have. Woman of many talents.

I used to love planting, too. Mainly just annuals but they always gave me pleasure when I walked out the door and saw a burst of color.

Karen, I want to come sit in your yard and just relax and breathe in the air!

Spring...Love the birds waking me up in the morning.
-baseball games
-smell of freshly cut grass
-the sound of kids running around in the evening
-the sun setting much later (bedtime for me)

Cathy

I went back and looked at Karen's view. Don't you just wish we could teleport ourselves to visit PALS around the world. There are so many of you I'd love to meet in person.

I too would love to meet all of you. I have been fortunate enough to meet a few PALS, CALS and FALS from here and FB and I treasure those meetings

It is amazing how we can converse online with people all over the world!

I have been dreaming of meeting everyone in person!!!!!

Like sitting around a fire and just talking....

Cathy

Spring--like Cathy--birdsong, baseball season, watching the perennials we've planted over the years bloom (now tulips) and the trees leaf out and bloom. We have gorgeous spreading redbud right outside our bedroom. And warmth--in short supply so this year so far.

Ed

Ed, our municipality planted redbud trees in a few places in my neighbourhood a few years ago, and I'd never seen one before that because they're not native here. They are a truly spectacular tree when they're all lined in purple buds and I am glad for them.

Karen's Redbud tree. 1. Is original. 2. Is brightened 3. Is cropped to look larger and straightened. Hope that's OK. Wanted everyone to see it better. (Trees "speak" to me. They're wonderful "creatures"). We just had our giant cedar taken down. We miss it.

Thank's for sharing. It's lovely! Peace and blessings. B.

Attachments

• 1 Karen's Redbud.jpg
    1 Karen's Redbud.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 201
  • 2 Karen's Redbud.jpg
    2 Karen's Redbud.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 205
  • 3 Karen's Redbud.jpg
    3 Karen's Redbud.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 210
Hey, you improved my redbud tree. :)

I would keep the sky as blue as the original.

There’s a little bit of fire smoke in the air here from grass fires. Can you believe it? Early start to fire season:-(. After a wet couple months, now we have a warm dry spell. Definitely a double-edged sword. I’ll take the blue sky!

Up here in the frozen north, we have a balmy 50 degrees and grey. Up here we have 4 seasons, almost winter, winter, still winter and road work.

It's sunny and pool weather still. I have a bladder infection that went undiagnosed for nearly six months even though I went to a urologist. I finally ordered a urine culture online myself and it came back positive for bacteria. I was allergic to three out of four antibiotics (I've not taken antibiotics for 30 years) that were listed so I'm on my 4th day of treatment. Now my neurologist thinks it might be in my kidneys and is sending me back to the urologist. All I want to do is swim in the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back