Friend was DX
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
Hi Folks,
It's been a long time since I have checked in. My good friend has ALS and is at home on a vent. She has been pretty stable since she came home from the hospital last year, after a run in with H1N1, but seems to be a bit weaker lately. Anyway, recently some friends did a benefit for her family as they are struggling financially. They did receive a generous amount of money but it is needed for bills, etc.

I got an email from her husband today that my friend would love to go to NYC with her family for a couple of days to see a Broadway play. This would be an expensive proposition as they have four kids and would need to bring a nurse with them.

Does anyone know of any organizations like Make a Wish Foundation that grant wishes to adults? As they have just had a major local fundraiser and have had others in the past, we don't feel that we are in a position to ask people to contribute again.

My other concern is that I fear, when the time comes to go to NY, she will change her mind or feel too ill or weak to make the trip. Any insight or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Apply to ALS Guardian Angels, Stu finds a way to do some amazing things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back