Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
City
Fort Worth
Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I will keep this brief.

I have a Neurologist appointment in two weeks, but I’m really struggling during the waiting.

My symptoms started about a month ago. I have had pretty painful fasciculations in both of my feet that are constant. They are pretty fine but definitely visible. Sometimes it feels like pins and needles, sometimes twitching, and sometimes painful cramps all on the inside arches of both feet.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of checking my symptoms on Google which has lead to pretty severe health anxiety. I’ve never struggled with it in my life but the fear of ALS has taken a toll. I have read the pinned post probably 50 times which has given me great relief. However, all of the differing information I’ve read previously has set up shop in my mind.

Could ALS present itself with the initial symptoms of feet fasciculations? Does anyone have any experience with these?

I’m ready for my appointment in two weeks but any information and experiences would certainly help in the meantime.

Thank you.

The mind is so powerful isn't it?
We took a lot of time to write that pinned post so carefully to give accurate information, and we don't argue against what is in there.
You can search the internet and find every variation of opinion, but that won't change what we have written in that post.

To answer you, twitching means nothing, so now the choice on how you spend the next 2 weeks is totally for you to decide.
Go ask your PCP for help with the anxiety if you can't control it, as being anxious won't change the diagnosis, but is having a huge impact on your now.

As you will have read, ALS affects motor neurons, not sensory ones (pin and needles is a sensory thing), and does not typically begin bilaterally (on both sides at the same time), nor in the feet as you describe. So I think your visit will be reassuring as regards ALS.

Thank you both for your responses. Blessings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back