Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Dover
Previously I took Ibuprofen when needed. Now I can not swallow the Ibuprofen... just got a tube on the 14th. We are learning to use it.

I have back pain and shoulder pain, severe and exhausting... no recent injuries. Several injuries years ago. Lived with these pains for years, but now I am fully paralyzed. I can not move to alleviate the pain

Side note, since my hands became paralyzed over a year ago, my fingers burn all the time. What is that, anything relieve that pain, via a feeding tube?

Anybody do or take anything via the tube for pain relief?

Thank You,

pat

I use liquid Tylenol. Right down the tube with no problems.

Vince

Thank you Vince. Do u mix it with anything to avoid clogging the tube?

Do u need a prescription for that?

Watching Big Stone Gap. Was a good book, looks like a good movie so far... Takes place in West Virginia, or Virginia... dont remember.

Thank you,

pat

Pat with any liquid meds, same as with feeds, just give a good flush before and after with water.

I used panadol rapid as it is designed to dissolve in water and never any issue. Same with movicol.

Other meds, like his Endep I crushed and mixed with luke warm water, again with flushing no issues :)

Liquid meds are often very sticky & viscous. Often crushing pills (NOT continuous/extended release meds) and mixing them w/ warm water, followed by a decent warm water flush is easier.

An explosion of sticky liquid meds is a nightmare!

I take all my meds with feeding tube. When I first started crushing wasn't very easy. After a lot of searching on the Internet. I found a coffee grinder that works perfect. It's called Epica Coffee Grinder. It only costs about $35.00 it has a stainless steel cup that comes out.

Patrick

We use a standard pill crusher that twists to grind the meds. I prefer pills to liquid meds that I have to measure. That or I just let the meds dissolve in warm water. I use a catheter irrigation kit to give mom her meds. The container and syringe work well together with the feeding tube...

pill crusher, mix meds with some liquid(i actually just dumped the powder in the syringe, then suck it full of liquid)...or use liquid meds like tylenol. (always purge w/water afterward)

ps...wine, whiskey and such goes right on down too...grinning before you turn the corner!!

tc

shame on me...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back