Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Victorville
I am operating under a "might be PLS but, is definitely a MND" diagnosis. This has been going on and progressing for 2 years. About 4 months ago I started having a burning, tingling sensation in my inner left thigh (90% of symptoms are in left leg) and the same area on the right but, to a lesser degree. The pain is intense and then goes away. I describe it as being touched with a red hot cast iron skillet but, maybe I'm overly dramatic! My Neuro said it wasn't a PLS symptom and threw anti seizure meds at it. That didn't help and now when I dry my legs after a shower I get the same burning feeling the whole length of both legs. Also, I'm starting to notice the same feeling in my lower belly and pelvic area when I stand up from sitting. The Neuro's answer was "try this other anti seizure med"! I have always had an extremely high pain tolerance but, this is getting bad. I cannot find anything that describes this and it is really starting to wear on me. Would love any input!

Your neuro may be right in that it's not related to PLS. It's really easy to attribute symptoms to PLS/MND when it might be something else. Have you spoken to your gp about this? It might be a good idea to approach it as unrelated to PLS to make sure something else is not going on.

Having said that, spasticity can definitely cause structural issues that translate to nerve impingement. I had a burning sensation in one of my legs (that I was just living with, foolishly) that went away with a new stretching and exercise regime my physio had helped me with. Totally unexpected, but a happy result.

Thank you. Never occurred to me to talk to Primary Care Doc, everything has been with Neuro for so long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back