Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
GA
City
Mableton
As my fingers are starting to turn in the pain is bad. If I try to straighten them out it
really hurts. Any suggestions on what I can do to ease the pain. Also very dry on the inside of my fingers. I just want to scream, I had long beautiful fingers and people were always amazed at how long they were. Now I cannot straighten my right fingers unless I do it one by one. I am starting to notice my left hand is a little different. Who do I contact at the clinic about getting a brace for my hand. Another question are the husbands and wifes still sharing the same bed or have you got separate beds since the
ALS? Take Care & God Bless Rhonda

Hi Rhonda,
My husband had pain in his hands as well and used ibuprofen to ease it. As for sharing the same bed, George and I shared the bed till the day he died. We never even considered doing otherwise. Good luck to you.

Chris

Lee and I share a bed about half the time. My snoring bothers him and my twitching keeps him from getting a good night's sleep. I need him rested if he is to pick up the slack around here, so I try to make sure he gets rest. But we like drifting off to sleep together and waking up together so I play it by ear. I expect if we get to the stage that I need a hospital-style bed then perhaps we will simply share a room...Who knows?

My mom and dad are now in seperate beds and rooms. My dad is on a vent and needs 24 hour supervision, which my mom cannot do all day and night. She has to get sleep so she can be on point throughout the day and help my dad. The vent is kind of noisy so my mom cannot sleep in the room. She tried at first and woke up continuousely. Dad is also in a hospital bed, so she cannot sleep in the bed with him either. Mom and dad never have spent more than a couple of nights away from each other at a time before the ALS, so it was a big transition when dad came home on the vent and in the hospital bed. But, mom also realizes how she needs her sleep and health so she can help take care of dad during the day. (At night, we have nurses that watch over him while he sleeps).
Dana

Lee and I have had twin beds for years pushed together to make a king size bed and used king size covers and sheets. It allowed her to move around and she has chronic back pain and spasms so she didn't disturb me. Now that I have a hospital bed and have the end propped up we still have the two beds together. Different bottom sheets but we still use the same top covers. We can still be close when we want but can both sleep. My Bipap is pretty quiet and Lee says it hasn't bothered her except when I pull the hose off accidentally and the alarm goes off.
AL.

My husband and I have separate rooms and beds, sometimes he will lie in our bed, but I have to get up at 5:30 for work and he will sleep until 11:00 some days, I get a much better sleep in separate rooms and I check on him several times a night because he can make some crazy noises.

Jen and I had a king bed with a headboard and footboard. When I needed a hospital bed, we also bought an extra long twin bed for Jen. The two beds fit into the same footprint, so the headboard and footboard were able to stay. This helps the room look more like a cosey couples bedroom, and less like a hospital. :-D

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back