Pain has increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayo separates it and, for the life of me, I cannot understand why. They have a special three-week pain management treatment program that they've been trying to get me to do. The problem is that I've done everything they do in the program. Even though my insurance would cover it 100%, I'd have to pay for the motel and it's from 8-5 each day. I told them I couldn't do anything for that length of time. Their program consists of PT, OT, massage therapy, group therapy, pain management individual therapy, and EXERCISE. The ALS doctor said with my progression being so slow, it might help. I've done all that on my own along with guided imagery, hydrotherapy (which Mayo is against), acupuncture, and all my home remedies. The only group they don't accept to the program is cancer patients. They told me their goal is to get people off drugs and into using other methods to cope with pain. Screw that. I think I'm done with being their lab rat. I've given enough blood to save a hundred lives and let students do EMGs on me for way too long.

I think my former ALS doctor is still irritated that I refused to stop B-12 and refused Riluzole. I saw it in my notes.

Praying for some relief, you don’t need the pain on top of everything else. Gentle hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back