Pain and twitching

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really caution you to not continue to seek answers as if your symptoms are related to ALS. The more you associate your symptoms with a particular disease, the more likely you will increase your anxiety unnecessarily. You are asking as if your symptoms are a sign of ALS, and that is a pretty unhealthy place to be. There are so many reasons for pain, like, hundreds of reasons, so to focus like this is really unfortunate.

Hoping your doctor on Monday can provide you some more reassurance and a direction to look in for reasons for your pain, but I would really urge you to stop seeking relief via reassurance from folk who have been affected by the disease you fear.

Take care

I understand, and I agree with everything your saying. I thought my question would be okay in this forum because it was a general question about als symptoms, that I couldn’t get an answer to. It was a genuine question and I apologize to anyone reading who It may offend. I will see my doctor and refrain from anymore questions.

thank you

You are right, Kim; I typed in too much haste. My point was that mirtazapine and trazodone are similar chemically, though as you point out, they are not the same. That point is made by the fact that TCAs are no longer popular as antidepressants.

D, in ALS, new significant muscle atrophy would most often signal the loss of the nerves that control the muscles and therefore clinical weakness could be present (most likely) or imminent (sometimes, esp. in flail arm/leg subtypes), as sometimes other muscles can take over for some period of time.

So if there is atrophy but everything is working fine, that is certainly an argument for some other cause of the atrophy.

In addition to consulting with your PCP/neuro, I would really encourage you to seek more or better counseling for your health anxiety, which is as serious as anything you're likely to actually have, and often responds well to focused treatment.

Djtree, you had 17 replies, this has now gone onto a second page.

If you remember..

" I’d like to start by saying that I do have health anxiety, and I am a hypochondriac.."

What hasn’t help you… is reading old threads like the one Sept 2017
and others. Again, written so many times before… being just 33 years
old the odds you having ALS is more rare than ALS is a rare disease
itself.

When you see your doctor Monday I hope he/she gets you past this
ALS thing to where you got out of bed and broke down crying from
Health Anxiety.

The thing is, there is the READ BEFORE POSTING article at the top of this forum that answers pretty much everything you have asked already. So to keep asking, oh just one more thing, is not productive for anyone.
You need to stop all of this.
Don't even go to Reddit - people who are anxious about their health and dying should go only to their doctor and start serious work with them. You say all this like oh so much has happened, but you only started posting yesterday and we are 2 pages!

I do wish you the best but after my post requesting you not post further til you have a diagnosis, this has gone right off again.
We sympathise, but this is not the place you should be.

Hello all, wanted to update after my appointment with pcp. He did notice some atrophy of my left leg 1/4 inch. Not sure if that’s a lot or cause for concern? He said he believes my worrying is self fueling as far as my symptoms. Tested my reflexes and noticed a little hyperflexia in both legs. Decided to order some blood work to look at my creatine. Went for a walk around the block today to try to feel a little bit better and as soon as I got back, both feet were buzzing like crazy, which of course made me worry. Wants to hold off on the neuro until blood work comes back. Any thoughts or insight is always appreciated.

Thanks y’all.

Hiya-

It's probably best you hold off on asking people on an ALS forum about things too if it's not even clear that you have a neuro issue. Please make sure to read over the "Read Before" again, as it addresses sensory issues (not ALS, btw) such as buzzing. You're focusing on ALS, which doesn't seem to be the actual issue and we would ask that you wait til you've spoken with your doctor about test results. You're asking folk to speculate based on incomplete info instead of working with your doctor first.

I will be closing this thread for further replies as this forum has provided you as much information and reassurance as we're capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back