Not open for further replies.

Millie45

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hi everyone. I really am so sorry to have to post here, but my anxiety is going absolutely mental over potential ALS at the moment and while I have an appointment to see a doctor on Thursday, I’d appreciate any opinions to calm my nerves.
I started having body tremors while working out about a month ago, which made me very scared to exercise. They weren’t happening outside of exercise but it was scary all the same. After this, I convinced myself I had ALS, but spoke to my therapist who tried to remind me that this was normal and that MND/ALS is extremely rare, especially for me, an 18 year old. I got covid about 2 weeks ago, and I have been off work with probably too much time to overthink. But I have been noticing that my legs have felt stiffer when walking, and my feet have just felt weird and stiff when walking too, but it seems to alternate between my left and right foot. I’ve had some odd pains in my legs too, not like cramps, just random jolts of achy kinda pain but it doesn’t last like an ache. Today when I curled my toes they started shaking loads on my left foot, and I’ve had some muscle twitching across my body. I can still walk despite the stiffness, I can do up buttons, I’m not falling or stumbling and I don’t think there’s weakness in my hands they just both shake if I squeeze a bottle or something, and it legs shake when I lift them in the air.
I understand you must find these frustrating, but I’d really appreciate any opinions on my symptoms. I also did mention it to a dr about 2 weeks ago and she did a strength and reflex test which was all normal, but the stiffness has come about since that appointment.

Please understand that an 18 year old asking the terminally ill to soothe their nerves is really not a kind thing to do.
You need medical help, you are receiving it but you obviously need more support from your medical team and family.
You have an appointment very soon.
Let us know the results, but stay off here and internet searches until then.
Ask your family to help you do that.

I am very very sorry, I didn’t mean to offend you or anyone with my post, and while I am getting medical help, I just wanted to know if anyone thought my symptoms could sound like ALS. Just any reassurance would help my anxiety, but I also am sorry, I didn’t come here to be rude, I truly think everyone on here is an inspiration in so many ways.

If you read the READ BEFORE POSTING post, it answered all your questions and should have provided lots of reassurance. It is there so that our members don't have to repeat all the reasons twitching means nothing and neither does feeling stiff or weak.
Get to your appointment and take your doctors advice from there.

Hopefully your appointment was reassuring. What you described is nothing like ALS, and if you began twitching for some random reason (diet, exercise, hydration, stress, just to name a few), Covid certainly could have built on that so you feel more unwell since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back