Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurse just left, he is doing ok. She said he is transitioning to active. Ugh! So far, he is completely comfortable. I am praying that it stays this way.

We posted at the same time.

You can keep him comfortable! The key is do not be afraid to titrate the doses either in amount or in frequency. Give them regularly but if he seems to need a little more or he seems to need some a little sooner, just do that. Comfort is the key, holding back for fear of giving too much is a mistake.

More hugs coming your way xx

Yes, Sooner, Tillie is absolutely right. No one knows him like you do, so don't be afraid to do what seems to be best for him.

Sooner - holding you tight and sending prayers your way. As others have said enjoy your time with him. Love on him as best you can. Give him reassurance and do whatever will keep him comfortable.

Huge hugs

Sue

He had a rough time earlier, couldn't breathe because of mucus. He was panicking again so I went back to the morphine. Other than that, he has been pretty comfortable.

I have his favorite music playing and climbed in bed with him earlier and listened to music with him.

Hoping to do more of that tomorrow.

Thinking of you, Sooner. Big Hugs.

There are no real rights or wrongs now - I quickly adjusted to just following my gut with Chris in those last days. Palliative care were talking to me twice a day and kept telling me I was doing brilliantly and suggesting how much higher the doses could go.

Sometimes I gave both the clonazepam and morphine, sometimes one or the other, sometimes one then an hour later would decide he should have the other.

Just keeping your body close to his, and letting your heart guide you is going to help you both now and after. more hugs to you and all the strength you need xxx

Oh sooner... I am so sorry you are going thru this rough time.
The morphine that we were giving to my husband was not enough because it was thru the feeding tune and seemed that wasn't absorbed well, so at the end in his last night he was transported to the hospice facility were the morphine was place intramuscular ( really don't know ) it was something in the skin in his stomach.
I am sending hugs and prayers to you and your PAL . Ughh I hate als.

I am sending big hugs as well.

As Tillie said I am so glad that your work place is able to work with you and such that is wonderful.

Will your new furniture arrive for Christmas? That would be a treat for you all.

Katie

Dear Sooner, thinking of you. It's good to hear that Cliff is comfortable. Peace and love to you both.

V

I had no problem giving morphine through feeding tube and clonazepam under the tongue. Patches can be applied onto the skin at home as can injections be given by hospice or a visiting doctor.

They key is always staying on top of everything - don't hold back thinking maybe he can go a bit longer. Keeping all symptoms under control is far easier than letting pain, air hunger or anxiety break through and climb. That takes more meds to combat than does keeping him going well. This is why it's important to give regularly and be ready to titrate up.

I was thinking of you all (aussie) night and sending more hugs sooner xxxx

Soonerwife....sending you a long warm hug and will be thinking of you. You have been amazing. Cherish this time with him.

Sooner -sending more hugs and prayers your way.

Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back