Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have to make some big decision about dropping the maintenance meds, Sooner. When the time is right, you will know.

As for the feedings, if he doesn't want them, he doesn't need them. Everyone winds down at their own pace. He just wants you to be there and be with him.

Sooner, sending you big hugs full of love. I'm sorry I've been absent during this difficult time. I have nothing to offer but love and support, but here it is. His comfort is all that matters, and you are his greatest comfort.
Becky

Thanks everyone!

He is just sleeping. I am only giving him Lorazepam every four hours which I don't think would cause him to sleep this much?

Nurse is coming today. Still no bm. I am going to ask about a catheter.

I am continuing his regular meds. Not sure how feedings will go today?!

It's possible his strange BP and RR readings over the past week or two are all just indications of the decline in his breathing functions and this is probably as much if not more the cause of him just sleeping a lot now.

It's a blessing, sleeping and comfortable is what you are aiming for xxx

I completely agree, at least he looks comfortable. I am thankful for that. Nurse is coming soon. I asked for a catheter. His stomach is very distended today. Still no bm. They are going to do suppository today.

Nurse tried manual stimuation yesterday twice. Still nothing. She said she felt some in there but not down low enough and soft?!

I hope they can get him emptied out - this is certainly something to consider as you decide about continuing to give nutrition and fluids - if it goes in, it needs to come out and that isn't always easy at this point xxxx

The nurse came and put in a catheter and a suppository. Hopefully something will happen soon.

The catheter emptied his bladder straight up?

Yes! I am thankful that I won't be changing him and his bed multiple times a day.

Sooner,
I have no advice to offer, only support and big hugs. I hope things are going OK. Always follow your heart.

Sooner - while the catheter can have its own draw backs, I am thankful you were able to get one too. I know it really helped us from continual bed changes. One thing that can reduce so much stress.

hugs,

Sue

Another night has passed... He has done nothing but sleep for two days now. He has had 2 shakes since Thursday at 3. Still no bm. No idea if he is actively dying or not? I hate ALS but am so thankful that he is comfortable.

Sooner, I am sending you comfort and strength at this very difficult time. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

Sending big hugs, comfort, and peace your way.

More hugs to you sooner. Just keep on doing what you are doing and any little thing you can think of that will create feelings of love and peace, just do them for yourself as well as for Cliff. We got ya girl xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back