Status
Not open for further replies.
Apnoea does seem like the person is holding their breath, as in a way they are.

If you are concerned it could be worth a doctor check, but I would watch it for a couple of days if there are no actual worrying symptoms to be sure there is really a change or any apnoea happening.

Tramadol can constipate, so you may need to consider something like Moovicol daily to counteract?

I hope the party goes well today and you get to rest tonight!

Sooner wife....I wish I could help you! You sound exhausted from all that you have on your plate. My brother went 6 days without a bm caused by taking his morphine. Hospice finally had to give him an enema. He said it was the worst day of his life and completely exhausted what energy he did have. I hope you have success soon and don't have to go through that mess. Sending a warm hug your way!

After 2 full doses of Miralax, he went this morning. Thank goodness.

We had my grandson's birthday party yesterday. It went well. Somehow got the house presentable and got the cake decorated. I will try to post a picture of it.

I had my son move the wheels on Cliff's shower chair to make it more stable. They were to the side and sometimes it seemed like it could tip. He moved them to the front and back instead. Now it won't hook up to the shower transfer system. Ugh, gonna have to see if I can fix that today.

Tomorrow's Monday, I may see if I can get out of here. I need a whole day. I need to go furniture shopping. My living room furniture has seen a better day.

We have two more grandkid's birthdays to celebrate this month along with Christmas. I invited Cliff's family to our house for Christmas Eve. I want to make it special for his dad whose 89 and alone since Cliff's mom passed away.

I ordered a digital photo frame for Cliff for Christmas. I finally got all the picture scanned into my computer. I am going to get his frame loaded up. I am hoping he will enjoy it.

My sister and I bought us and mom ticket's to see Blake Shelton in February. It includes a preshow with Blake. Mom has been wanting to see him for a few years so hopefully she is going to be super excited.

Attachments

• Gunner's cake.jpg
    Gunner's cake.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 118
WOW! Awesome job on the cake, Sooner! I used to decorate cakes for my kids when they were little. Haven't done it in quite some time, though.

Good to hear that you got Cliff to "go". I hope you do get out of the house for the day tomorrow. A day out sounds wonderful! Sounds like you are really getting things done around there despite everything else going on!

And GREAT that you got tickets to see Blake Shelton! Hope it is an awesome show. I wanted to get tickets to see the Eagles this summer, but just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger. I know hubby would like to go see them, but it seems so far off - and the tickets are not cheap!

You are a super decorator sooner, love the cake totally!

So glad the miralax worked - it may be worth a daily routine of movicol or something now?

2 more kids birthdays before xmas, wow that's a big December in your house!

Sooner - that cake is awesome! Great job!

Happy all systems were go today.

Blake Shelton, I'm jealous. My kids got tickets for my daughter and I to go. He was here on my birthday a year or so ago. It was AWESOME. Not only can he sing, he's a great performer as well. I loved that show.

Sounds like a busy Dec for you.

hugs,

Sue

Our DD says she will sit with her dad tomorrow... Yay me! I am going to have lunch with my co-workers and hopefully do some furniture shopping.

Cliff has been in bed since 1:45 pm again today with hip pain again. Tramadol didn't take care of it but it seems a different position does...

Good for you Sooner! What a beautiful cake...you are amazing!

V

Well today didn't go completely as planned... DD's son was puking over night AGAIN, so my DS and DDIL sat with Cliff today.

I went to lunch with my coworkers and the new girl who started in our group today. Then I went furniture shopping and bought all new living room furniture. I hope I love it because it wasn't cheap, lol!

Cliff was trying to cough this morning right after he got up. This is the first time this has happened. Makes me worry a bit. He used the cough assist and sounded a little better. I hope he isn't coming down with something. My allergies have been bad this week so hopefully that is what it is as well but it's still scary.

I am worn out but a good worn out. I bet I walked at least a mile in that furniture store today.

Nothing seems to go as planned at this time of year but I'm so glad you could still get out and both have a nice lunch and get that important exercise :lol:

Hope Cliff is not coming down with anything xx

Nurse was here a bit ago. Lungs are clear, no fever but he is pretty gunky. Allergies are pretty bad right now so I think that is what it is but she said watch him and let her know if anything changes and they will get meds quickly.

Sooner - happy to hear it doesn't seem Cliff is starting with anything. Brian seems to go in spurts. Some days I do nothing but suction him, other days I barely do. It's strange, but seems to be the way it happens. Crossing fingers that's what's up with Cliff.

Hugs,

Sue

Great to hear Cliff is 'only' really gunky :)

My boss called today and said that my FMLA protection is up on December 22nd. HR is taking it to my VP to have him sign protection for me for extended leave. One Trust is putting another 160 hrs a vacation in by bank which will last me until mid January. I am blessed!

Cliff has been struggling this week. Early in the week he started using the cough assist due to what we think is his allergies flaring up.

He is still having fluctuation in BP. I spoke with the nurse last week and told her that lisinopril is not a as need bp med. She was receptive to what Karen and Laurie told me and was going to speak with the dr about the medicine that was suggested. I guess the dr didn't get back with her which in my opinion is unacceptable. So early this week when he starts having high bp, we still don't have a daily medicine for him. UGH!

Cliff asks for the cough assist 3 times today and now seems to be requiring the Trilogy. This is new. Usually he can take it off for 5 minutes or so and be fine. Now he can barely stand to have it off long enough for me to swab his mouth.

He also has been going to bed earlier each day. Yesterday was 5:15, today was 4:15. He also was sleeping in the office before noon today.

He has no fever and doesn't sound congested and lungs were clear yesterday. Just scares me that this is the new normal or that we are in a big down turn.

I'm just going to hug you tight girl.

We can't always say well in advance what is exactly happening, but obviously Cliff's breathing is taking a big hit and I suspect his BP is somehow related.

Can you just start giving him the BP meds regularly while they do or don't decide?

I'm so glad your workplace is sorting your leave out - you need to just concentrate on a day at a time with Cliff without worrying about anything else for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back