Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
uk
State
uk
City
Covenyru
Sorry about this post being a little scrappy.

Im only 20 years old and I have just been accepted at Queens University in Belfast to do Psychology and for some unknown reason im really worried that there is something wrong with my body. As I have a basic understanding of how the mind works I know the mind can play tricks on you.

I googled twitching and came across ALS and I am now quite paranoid about having it although I keep telling myself that there is a good chance that I dont have it as ALS occurs most commonly in the 40+ group. I finished college 2 months ago and I am unemployed so I guess the twitching can be put down to lack of exercise.

At the moment im getting twitches all over my body, in the foot, legs, arms and fingers. It happens very quickly and there is no pain.

I have not noticed any muscle lost but have put on some weight.

I would also like to add, those people who have ALS. I think you people are the most amazing people in the world and more time should be spent educating the general public about ALS.

Regards,

Armaghgeddon.

I assume you are asking about twitching muscles. Mine started in college and I'm 42. You'll get used to it. If there are no other issues, don't worry about it.

Armaghgeddon ... I agree with ktmi, if all you've got are twitches, it doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about.

"people who have ALS. I think you people are the most amazing people in the world" We are, we really are. How nice of you to notice! :lol:

No problems :D

What age group is ALS mainly aimed at?

The median age is 53, but it can affect anyone at any age. You are WAAAY down on the tail end of the bell curve though. Rest easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back