Loved one DX
Country
US
State
FL
City
Fort Myers
Hi everyone,
The last few weeks we've been having one of our bathrooms converted into more of a handicapped friendly environment. We had the tub that was in there removed and made into a roll in/stand in shower. Had two grab bars installed, one in the shower and one next to the toilet. We also put a new toilet in that is much bigger and higher than the one we had before, which makes it easier for my husband to use.The man doing it for us had to tear out the flooring we had in there (vinyl) and replace it with tile. It looks so much nicer now. I posted a few pics if anyone is interested in taking a look.
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=164

Thanks for posting the pictures. Can you tell me what the dimensions are of the inside of your shower? I was thinking of doing that with the master bath for my mom but thought that the bathroom is too small. Would you normally transport PALS to a shower chair and roll in (not there yet but thinking ahead)?

My parents' house is just about to undergo these renovations too. Thanks for posting the pictures. It's helpful to see what it will look like and I really like the tile you chose on the shower floor. Is that Travertine marble?

Good job! :)

Nice , we are just about done getting ours installed also. I will post pictures when its finished .

No , ladies , I will not post any action shots in the shower, just get that out of your minds right now. ;)

Glen

That looks beautiful.
We are unable to renovate our bathroom so starting a few weeks ago my grandmother has been receiving bed baths only.
You are very luck. It looks beautiful

Thank you everyone. We are very happy with the results and the shower is proving to be quite functional.

Tfisher- The shower is not very big. It's 59" long and 34" wide. As you can see from the photos our bathroom is more long than wide.

Thelma- It is not marble, but porcelain tile.

Joel- Our shower floors look like the same tile almost.

Glen- Best of luck when you do yours. You will love it. It sure makes showering easier.

Hope Faith ... I kept reading your headline as "Our Roll in the Shower Is Finished," and thought, "Man, that sounds uncomfortable." And worried when you said you'd post pics.

I've been spending too much time in the Forum Follies, I guess. :lol:

Says the person who brought us the Forum Follies in the first place. Beth you are such a character!:smile:

Beth-

"Don't knock it 'til you've tried it"! LOL

Why do you think I am having another one built on "my floor" ?

Mare ... I know about carpet burns, but tile burns? But ... whatever works !

hope faith,

You are finding that 59" by 34" is large enough? Are you using a full size shower/comode chair in there?
We hope to start on ours this coming weekend and I want to make sure it is large enough.
Thanks!

Beautiful showers! If you can, go for several shower heads! The hand held is a must as well, but a lower one will help keep you warm with it's constant flow.

Kraye, Andys modifications were paid for by a grant of some kind by the government. I'm sorry, I don't know if it was state or federally funded. Have you checked with your ALS rep for availablility? Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, that the house physically can't be modified. I do know that the program Andy was in has now been discontinued, but typically there is something out there if you (or someone who can help you) are willing to go through all the red tape. I learned right away to speak up, speak loud, and speak often!

Blessings,
Pam

Wow, thank you both for the pictures...gives me some ideas.

laura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back