Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
As with all things technology, occasionally the forum has a problem and will become unavailable.
@JimInVA and myself administer a little group on facebook for these situations where our PALS and CALS can just check in and confirm things are down and that we are all ok, and if any mods from here have progress information they can post it there.
I know not everyone uses facebook, so ignore this if so.

Please PM myself or Jim and we will send you the link.

It is called "ALSforums Emergency Contact Group" so you can search that on facebook too but I'm not allowed to post a link.

We don't normally post in there when the forum is up, it is purely for emergency contact.

Last edited:
Greetings!

Outages, fortunately, don't happen too frequently here [anymore]. David tends to be on top of those issues when they happen and gets things sorted out and resolved as quickly as is possible. But when we've come to rely on ALSForums for its community and ability to remain in contact... and particularly in times of need... it can feel as if the world suddenly got a lot smaller and lonelier when the forum is temporarily not available. As Tillie says, if want some assurance that your inability to connect to live ALSForums is not just you, you can check with us on that Facebook Group page (provided that you've pre-registered with us... as it is a "private" group).

As Tillie mentioned, above, send us a Private Message (now called "Conversations") for access to the Facebook Group. We'll want your ALSForums name and your Facebook name so we can make the proper connection. I'm a pretty public person... so please feel free to send me a Facebook Friend Request directly if you'd like (but know that you do NOT have to be a Facebook friend to gain access to the ALSforums Emergency Contact Group). I can be found on Facebook at "jim.bird.77". Just do a search... and please send me a message within Facebook, should you send me a Friend Request, so I know who you are.

One last piece of housekeeping - as Tillie mentioned in her post, this group's purpose is to provide a secondary point of contact should the forums go down. It is not and was never meant to be an alternative active daily gathering spot for conversations when ALSForums is up and active.

In closing, I'd like to make a pitch for your support of ALSForums. Some will sit quietly in the shadows to find the information that can help them at whatever point in this journey that they find themselves to be. And we keep some of the lights low so you can find that comfortable place to just hang out. Some participate by their posts... asking questions, answering questions, moderating, reporting on new research and trials, providing stickies, and a host of other actions. And some of us, having found the information and community within the ALSForums to be invaluable beyond description, have additionally participated by subscribing annually to help defray the financial costs of providing all of the above. Regardless of where you find yourself, thank you for being here and making this place everything it has come to be.

My very best...

Jim

So beautifully said Jim!
To be honest I forget that group exists until there is a technical glitch, then I'm there in a flash!

If you are still not sure about the PM, or conversations - look for the little envelope icon next to your login name and the notification bell up near the search button.
Clear as mud? Hopefully not 😊💜

Thank you for your help and support. This is a tremendous gift to have this opportunity to be in community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back