• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

Ottawagirl has left us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farewell friend and condolences to her family. A wonderful friend to all here on the forums and who will be long remembered.

My heart breaks at this news. Elaine was diagnosed a month before my brother and was the first person I communicated with here during those terrible weeks after his diagnosis. She was so incredibly supportive, wise and generous. She was so kind to my brother, and to so many other people here.

The world has lost an especially bright light. Rest in peace, beautiful Elaine. I will always remember you.

I just signed up so I could tell you all this. I attended Elaine's funeral today, a lovely service filled with music and some laughter. We were neighbours for several years before she moved closer to her family. This group was very important yo her. She will be missed

thank you so much for letting us know this Shortcanuck, we so appreciate hearing from someone that was able to be there at the service

I stopped by for a second and saw this. I am deeply saddened to hear the news.

Oh wow. I am sooo sad. I have not been on this forum since mid July or so and wanted to particularly check on Elaine. I am heartbroken. She was the first to contact me and kept in touch after I was diagnosed last year. This never gets easier.

>This never gets easier.

yes, and we never forget!

This from Elaine's sister:

Dear everyone,
I am Elaine's sister Sue.
I am messaging all of you to make sure you know how wonderful you all are.
Elaine truly enjoyed corresponding with each of you...some of you she met.
Well, what I want to say is that you all mattered so much to her.
She deeply loved you.
She was interested in all your ups and downs.
She felt close to you.
She was sad when your struggle was difficult.
You gave her strength.
You shared the same fears.
You understood.
My sibblings and I took care of her and ached to see her deteriorate,but you knew!
She would share with me...some one's little boy started school, another one got new wheels, still another was now moved in with caring family.....someone would bling up their wheels....
She held the special bond with all of you and you made a difference in her life.
You also need to know that she had a peaceful death.....we surrounded her with our love!
We miss her deeply.
May you find faith and courage as you continue your journey.
She is watching over you.
God bless you all,
Suzanne

>She is watching over you.
>God bless you all,
>Suzanne

thank you. I miss her very much.

Max

Yasmin I could not attach this in a pm, so here it is ... let me know if this is ok. The pdf will scale with control-+, etc. If it's too big I can shrink it some :)

Attachments

• elainePosts.pdf
    624.2 KB · Views: 272
Thank you, Max!

Yasmin please do thank Suzanne for thinking of us and sending that to us. Elaine will always be a part of us, I know I personally think of her so often and miss her sorely.

So kind of Suzanne to want us to have that comfort.

My heart aches and I miss Elaine so much. Thank you for the kind words. I think of her daily, along with some others who have left us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back