Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
CO
City
Colorado
I was fitted today for a PWC. Is it recommended to get the power lift? I seem to remember someone saying that they didn't order it but wished they had. The cost ($1,500) will come out of our pocket since medicare won't cover it. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
If you can afford it do it. Unfortunately we were not given the option and I really wish we had it.

Yes, get it! I replied to you tea party thread. :)

Absolutely! It will make transfers easier, it will extend your reach, it will save your CALS back.
I wish I had been given the option.

Pie's bank balance down $1,500 :( but she knows its money well spent :D Got to love this site.

Thanks Lori, CJ, Deb and Kiwi! I was going to cancel the order but now I feel it's a good feature for us to have. I am a crazy driver though and will have to practice a lot! ;) Probably should get a crash helmet too!

you'll be Power woman Pie yeahhhhhhhh good 4 you! You go for it!

Okay, I now have a mind movie of you and Di racing each other and your husbands are out of the way with their knees pulled up to their chins....8)))))

Yes lift option is great. I use it when the people around me are standing so I don't have to look up. I used it at a baseball game to see over the people in front me. Doug likes it when I elevate when he helps with my tube feedings. W He doesn't have to bend over. I was blessed to get my pwc from a friend of a friend. The ALS association picked it up in southern Vermont. They had checked it over and put a new battery in it. Then they delivered it here with no bill. A PT from clinic made sure it fitted for me at the ALS walk last fall.

Lol Jen! My husband will be jealous of my new vehicle and will most likely try to make modifications to it. Think chopped and extended front end and nitroglycerin injectors!

sounds like he's Tim the Toolman!

My clinic told me that if the pwc order is written up right, that you need the lift to assist in transfers that my insurance will cover it... I'm waiting for it, but don't know if its going to be purple or green!

Marta, The lift is a MUST! They told me I would have to pay $2400 for that feature because medicare would not pay for it. He## they wouldnt even approve leg lift or recline for me yet. But the loaner I have has it all and it has been soooo needed, works good getting in and out of car also or truck! And not to mention into rv saves me a couple steps to have to get up. Make sure all items are written up in a NEED TO Have Because...... What color you choosing?...Ok saw it..BLUE!.......:)

Last edited:
Fuel injectors! Coooool! Make sure it's shut off during transfers or hubby may find himself in outer space! Hehehehe

Jen

Sounds like good advice Marta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back