ptich

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
California
City
Mountain View
Eventually, I found this hard-to-pronounce name for the most obvious (for an external observer) symptom of changes happening in me :) My family noticed it at least 6 years ago, probably even more. They were talking about my eyes becoming like those of a chameleon, etc, but I think it is all from atrophy of a muscle called "Orbicularis oculi".

As this is, by far, the most obvious atrophy in my body, I probably should ask for a check there at the next EMG.

what do you mean by chameleon? The color or shape or what? Thanks

Shape. I have not learned to change the color yet (but working on it).

Did you have spasm around your eyes, that made it feel like your eyeball was going to pop out of your head!?

shape like around the eye? I feel slow on this one! I am wondering because the skin around my eyes, more under neath it is hollowed out. It is working on the other one. I look at myself in the mirror and my eyes look sunken in, but could be age.

Over the summer I thought my eye ball was shrinking because my left contact (same eye) kept falling out while golfing Sooooo, I made the mistake of asking my friend if she thought or new if your eye ball could shrink and she actually fell out of the golf cart from lauphing soooo hard. It turned into a big joke and I felt rather silly after........so I dont ask those dumb questions anymore, well at least not to the outsiders from this forum. I still hear about from the neighbors, how is that shrinking eye? did it turn into a marble yet?

ps. how would they do an emg there?

April, they have to stick the needle about 2 inches directly into the eyeball. When you have yours done let me know and I'll go have mine tested too.:lol:

Think I'll pass on that one guys.

AL.

I can see that test becoming quite a fad with kids these days. They're willing to have just about anything on their bodies punctured.

LOL guys!

still trying to figure this one out?!

awieleba, I almost fell out of my chair laughing so hard about your eye turning into a marble, I really needed a good laugh. Needless to say it sent me to a mirror to see if anything was changing in my eyes, l.o.l. It is amazing how body parts we never noticed before all of a sudden become points of interest, margaret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back