Reason
Other
Country
SK
State
Slovensko
City
Prievidza
Hello, I have a question about my condition - I have quite a lot of fasciculations (thighs, calves, shoulders, hands, face, chest, back, little "feelable jolts" time to time on tongue, sometimes even inside of my ear - drum and sometimes I can see flickering in my eyes similar that I see stroboscope, interseptum, abs) sometimes I can provoke them with muscle contraction sometimes I cant, mostly I can feel them during the morning but basically whole day. Brain and spinal MRI clean, needle EMG made on two muscles in left leg clean, nerve conduction study clean, MEP clean, somatosensoric evoked potentials clean. But recently I started to feel mostly in my hands and foot something like few centimeters long fiber which is induced with electricity something like string vibrating - I can feel it but cant see it. Mostly it happens around my ankles and tarsus and fingers on my hand. Sometimes it feel "pinch itchy" that I need to scratch it. Any ideas what it might be? (could it be fibrillation?)I am using Magnesium and B12 for couple of months but doesnt seem to have any effect. Sometimes I get suddenly very tired, sometimes I get headaches. I dont smoke, dont drink coffee or any caffeine, dont drink any alcohol for half of a year and I am 27 years old. Few months ago I got few something like very little seizures very similar to epilepsy but I wasnt unconscious but EEG was clean. I think that I dont have any clinical weakness but I cant make sport as I used to, I get tired really fast, I feel my right shoulder, triceps little bit weaker but I can still make 30 push ups in a row, can good move my hand up and down. My right hand get little bit tired when I am driving a car and shifting gears and sometimes while shifting gears I get fasciculations in right side of my neck in duration like 3 seconds. For example yesterday I was playing golf and I got fasciculation in my right inch finger and my fingers can get easily little cramps when I am holding for example pen and writing or holding cards. Sometimes in my right leg and arm I can feel something like changing warm and cold something like when you hold your veins for a little time and then feel like blood is returning in your limbs but my heart examination is clean. Thank you for your opinion

Unicorn,

There's absolutely nothing in your post that resembles onset of ALS at all. Period. Glad that you are continuing to work with your doctors to see what is causing your sensory symptoms.

As to what your issues may be? Sorry, this is an ALS forum and not a general heath, so I cannot say. Also, why did you put a diagnosed date for ALS, albeit a non-sensical one, when you do not have ALS?

Thank you for your respond. What do you think about those “fibrillations” feelings? It feels like nerve strings are twitching or fasciculations that i cant see. I also forget to say that I have more brisk reflexes in my right leg and have problems walking stairs and fasciculations in my chewing muscles. I am worried that Emg tests missed something.

Yeah sorry about that date, it could not log me in without it and forgot to remove it but its done ;)

Last edited:
Please look here with reference to "feelings" and ALS:https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...-common-concerns-about-possible-symptoms.html

With regards to what your your reported symptoms may be? That's hard to say for strangers on the internet who do not have access to your medical records and are unable to provide you an in-person clinical exam.

You must continue to seek the source of your symptoms with your doctors. This forum really isn't a general health forum. I understand how stressful it can be to experience unexplained symptoms, but unfortunately, this forum is unable to tell you why you may be having pins and needle sensations, fatigue and possible seizures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back