Op - Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful Op-Ed! Thank you for your dedication and willingness to serve the ALS community, Ted. Blessings to you and your family.

Thanks for the post - very informative and hopeful. Good luck in testifying in front of the Committee.

Ted, you know you already rock in my book. I think it takes a wonderful person to be like a guinny pig for als. I know alot of thought went into this. It only takes one person and one trail to change the world..... Thank you

Yes absolutely you are correct Deans wife every one should aware of ALS. Ted is super hero on this tread.

Ted, I remember last year when you were struggling a bit with your decision to do the trial. Because of your strength and "pay it forward" attitude, you have become our miracle. Great story, I'll be waiting to see you testify before Congress!

As a side note, I met Dr. Brown, head of the ALS Research at UMass Medical, and he told me that they were looking into if the immune-suppression drugs were key in your improvement as well. Another key to the puzzle of ALS.

I heard that too, helen

Way to go Ted.

AL.

You are correct Helen they are developing a trial to find patients that in regards to symptoms "look like me" and seeing if they react to the immune supressing drugs. Keep in mind that all 15 of us received the same drugs and there have been trials where they utilized immune supressing drugs but who knows. I just want them to find what can work regardless of what it is.

I recently told Dr. Glass that while I am obviously extremely grateful, I get frustrated that even though I am an anomally they they have not been able to learn more from me as of yet. His response was we have learned from you, we have learned that something works, we just have to figure out what and how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back