Status
Not open for further replies.
me it was slurred speech in 2010, stroke in 2012 that probably triggered the ALS progression, the rapid atrophy of left arm in 2012/2013, leading to neuro visits and finally diagnosis by Appel in 8/13

I think some people are more aware of their body's then others. Some of them feel realistic things, others don't. I read a lot of stories and there are many people with ALS who say they noticed minor things years prior to the diagnosis. You will never know if those things were really related to ALS or not. But it could be that onset takes years and most people don't notice the small things. (because they are not so aware of their body's)

Nine years ago I was pregnant (a few weeks) and in the middle of the night I woke up. I didn't feel my breasts hurting anymore and I also had some little pain in my belly on the right side. I woke my husband up and told him I was afraid I was getting a miscarriage. He told me not to worry, nothing was wrong. Two days later the miscarriage began, I lost blood and an ultrasound confirmed that the heart of the baby had stopped beating.

So, it will always to be tricky to be sure about symptoms you feel or felt prior to the diagnosis if it's because of ALS or not. But from what I have read the last year, ALS is a very strange disease with many different onset symptoms and many different progress options. I think only time will tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back