Diagnosis
09/2005
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Abbotsford
I received this from my brother and it sounds interesting. Not sure if it would work but it certainly will not hurt anyone. Here it is:
:p:p:p

--------------------
Subject: wanted to share this with you! take care

A friend of mine told me a story about how when he was a kid he was in the hospital & near dying. His Italian grandmother came to the hospital & told a family member to go buy her a large onion & a new pair of white cotton socks. She sliced the onion open then put a slice on the bottom of each of his feet & put the white cotton socks on him. In the morning when he awoke they removed the socks. The slices of onion were black & his fever was gone. The following story that someone sent to me might have some truth in it & we are going to try this this winter. If we survive, we'll check in in the Spring!

In 1919 when the flu killed 40 million people there
was this Doctor that visited the many farmers to see if he could
help them combat the flu.
Many of the farmers and their family had
contracted it and many died.

The doctor came upon this
one farmer and to his surprise, everyone was very healthy.
When the doctor asked what the farmer was doing that was different
the wife replied that she had placed an unpeeled onion in a dish in
the rooms of the home, (probably only two rooms back then).
The doctor couldn't believe it and asked if he could have one
of the onions and place it under the microscope. She
gave him one and when he did this, he did find the flu virus
in the onion. It obviously absorbed the bacteria,
therefore, keeping the family healthy.

Now, I heard
this story from my hairdresser in AZ. She said that several
years ago many of her employees were coming down with the flu and so
were many of her customers. The next year she placed several
bowls with onions around in her shop. To her surprise, none
of her staff got sick. It must work.. (And no, she
is not in the onion business.)

The moral of the story is,
buy some onions and place them in bowls around your home. If
you work at a desk, place one or two in your office or under your
desk or even on top somewhere. Try it and see what
happens. We did it last year and we never got the
flu.

If this helps you and your loved ones from getting
sick, all the better. If you do get the flu, it just
might be a mild case..

Whatever, what have you to
lose? Just a few bucks on onions! !

Now there is a P. S. to
this for I sent it to a friend in Oregon who regularly contributes
material to me on health issues. She replied with this most
interesting experience about onions:

Weldon,thanks for the reminder. I don't know about the farmers
story...but, I do know that I contacted pneumonia and needless to say I
was very ill...I came across an article that said to cut both ends off an
onion put one end on a fork and then place the forked end into an empty
jar...placing the jar next to the sick patient at night. It said the onion
would be black in the morning from the germs...sure enough it happened
just like that...the onion was a mess and I began to feel better.

Another thing I read in the article was that onions and garlic
placed around the room saved many from the black plague years ago. They
have powerful antibacterial, antiseptic properties.
--------------------

Joel, my feet smell bad enough already :shock: without the onion treatment! I haven't tried this but have recently started chopping up a clove of garlic and adding it to my morning smoothie. It adds zing and makes it a little less sweet and has the added benefit of warding off unwanted advances from hot babes (sure Barry, like that is a problem :razz:)

LOL. Sounds like a worth while side benefit!

No sense teasing yourself - like I could do something about it if was offered!

I think we need a WaaaaaaaWaaaaaaaaa thread. ?

started chopping up a clove of garlic and adding it to my morning smoothie. It adds zing and makes it a little less sweet and has the added benefit of warding off unwanted advances from hot babes

Also takes care of that peksy vampire problem, doesn't it?

Well no wonder I have more energy in the morning! Here I thought it was the absence of hot babes :roll::roll:

Well , I had garlic salt on my eggs this morning. OMG that was Goooooddddd !

As for onions, I use them for their medicinal properties as a laxative. A good feast of fried onions does the body good. French Onion Soup ...

I Found this site.

The health benefits of eating garlic, onions and peppers on a daily basis were well known to our ancestors. They used them to protect themselves from illness and to act as an antiseptic for a wide range of infections.

Modern dietary advice, supported by scientific evidence, emphasizes the benefits of a daily intake of garlic, onions and peppers. These pungent natural foods contain chemicals that can protect the body from so many major and minor illnesses, including:

* Cardiovascular disease

* Infections

* Diabetes

* Respiratory problems

* Cancers

Garlic:

Since early civilisation, mankind has used garlic for its powerful healing qualities. Today, there is worldwide scientific evidence to support the many health benefits that can be derived from the daily consumption of garlic.

* Extensive tests on humans have concluded that a regular intake of garlic can:

* Lower total cholesterol (but raise the good-type HDL cholesterol)

* Produce more "natural killer" cells in the blood that will tackle infections and tumours

* Lower blood pressure

* Reduce the risk of blood clots (that are responsible for most heart attacks and strokes)

* Destroy infection causing viruses and bacteria

* Reduce the risk of certain cancers, in particular, stomach cancers.

* Garlic is best eaten raw. Cooking can destroy some of the "allicin" compound which is responsible for the powerful healing effects of garlic.

Onions:

Like garlic, onions too, have significant health benefits. For instance, they can:

* Boost good-type HDL cholesterol (particularly when consumed raw)

* Reduce total cholesterol levels

* Increase blood-clot dissolving activity

* Reduce the risks of diabetes

* Attack bacteria that cause infection

* Reduce the risk of certain cancers

Scientific tests have further identified a compound in onions called "quercetin" which is a powerful antioxidant
and cancer-attacking agent.

Peppers:

Peppers, along with garlic and onions offer many significant health benefits. Top of the list has to be their healing effect on respiratory problems. Hot peppers have always played an important role in traditional Chinese medicine. They are recognised for their ability to tackle pulmonary and respiratory illnesses. Peppers contain "capsaicin" which helps the lungs function more effectively. In addition, a daily intake of peppers is highly recommended for smokers and even non-smokers.

The health benefits of a daily intake of peppers are well established. Eating peppers can:

* Reduce respiratory illnesses

* Help asthmatics breathe more easily

* Control and often cure sinus and nasal passage problems

* Reduce headaches

* Provide a major source of vitamin C

In conclusion, there is overwhelming evidence to suggest that you can boost your health by eating garlic, onions and peppers, on a regular basis. Work them into your daily diet by eating them raw (ideally) or cooked. Use them as flavouring, crush, mince or chop them and include this powerful trio in as many ordinary, day-to-day recipes as you can. Don't just think of them as occasional food items to be used for special meals or when entertaining. Instead, for example, add them to burgers, casseroles and salads etc. Let your imagination come up with new ways of incorporating them into your daily diet - ideas that will really suit you and fit in with your family eating preferences.

Love to all, Cherry.

Thanks Cherry, I would give you a big kiss for this but my breath smells like garlic. PEE-YEW!

Since I am a mobile service provider, I guess I should be carrying an onion with me in my toolkit.

Cherry,

Nice info. I am sure that we can send them raw into the PEG , and if you don't burp , then no one would be offended.

Of course , those under-leg-noises might be more noticeable.

Glen

i just started eating a clove of garlic for health benefits 4 day's ago , i really need the pepper thou but, i cant take the hot stuff ,and i do know hot stuff will clear your sinus.. to be its funny this subject came up just as i am taking the garlic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back