Not open for further replies.

ScotBoy

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Good morning all, sorry I had to start a new thread but my last one was closed and I could update it.

The reason I am posting is that after an episode of foot drop which I have kind of recovered from (can lift foot up but not as far as before) and a strange jerking walk, I had a follow up with a neurologist who examined me and I now have brisk reflexes and he seen some clonus. Strength still seems to be good.

All my other symptoms are present to varying degrees.

Given that I have experienced weakness and still have constant twitching and now brisk reflexes and some clonus would this be considered showing of both UMN and LMN signs?

I know this does not present as typical progression but has anyone experienced anything similar to this?

TBH over a year of posting here it is starting to wear thin.

Just like every other time that we told you that you are not presenting with ALS symptoms, you still are not.

I truly think you need to have asked this of the neurologist, not run back here to ask. Or maybe you did and have been told it is not ALS and did not want to believe it.

Work with your doctor, ask them every question as they can answer in direct context of your particular situation.

Affected,

Apologies if me posting 8 times in a year is seen as excessive.

I didn't ask the neuro directly in those words but yes I did ask if these new symptoms were progression and he wants to keep an open mind going forward. The other question came to me after I processed the appointment

The reason for posting is I have read that weakness can be a sign of UMN issues as well as LMN and was looking for real person advice rather than going round in circles on the internet.

No need to reply I have obviously misunderstood the purpose of this and will not return regardless of what happens with my ongoing diagnosis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back