Reason
Other
Diagnosis
10/2021
Country
US
State
PA
I got muscle spasms in March of 21. Got an emg in April and diagnosed with ulnar neuropathy. Everything else was clean. It's been 1 year. I still have muscle fasciculations in left calf muscle non stop and then about 6 months later it spread to right calf muscle and 2 months later to feet. I am starting to get cramping and weakness in left leg. Muscle spasms are intensifying in left leg and I can feel them. I get a funny feeling in my shin and left leg. My muscle spasms are really bad in left shin and feels week when I walk. I think i should set up an appointment with neuro and get another emg. Does this sound like progression of als?

No, I'm sorry it does not at all, based on the many people I know with ALS. No one's legs have ever "felt" weak, they just stopped working, one part at a time. Can you go up on your toes and back on your heels? Not, "it feels hard to", but actually cannot do either of those movements? If you can, you do not have clinical weakness.

Please re-read the READ BEFORE POSTING sticky once again. Hopefully, coupled with my thoughts, you can move on from worrying about a terminal illness you do not evidence having. Of course, only a doctor can give you proper advice, so if you are unable to move past this fear, seeing him/her is never a bad idea.

Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back