Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
massachusetts
City
weymouth
I posted earlier about new memeber and only 1 person responded and 16 views. thought i would get a better responce but oh well

respond

Hi Steve,

I'm sure we are all glad you found the forum. Many, like me, probably don't really know what to say about your symptoms. It's good you have appts. coming soon. Your symptoms are not anything like LB's beginning symptoms were but they may be like someone else's. If so, I'm sure they will share. Hopefully, you will get some answers soon from your doctor.

Good luck.

thank you

terri thank you for responding. Is it you or someone you know who has als. I am so so consumed by this it is effecting my marriage even before i have been told that i have something or not. they say nuro disease do not effetct the mind well that is a lie becuase it can drive someone crazy thinking about this. the thing that scares me the most is not losing my abilty to walk or use my arm it is to lose my voice and not tell people especially my wife and daughter how much I love them. life can be so cruel to people at times and i wish i have done things differnet in the past if my future is going to be short

There is more than one way to say I Love You. Like sex isn't all there is just one of many.

Hi Stevef: welcome to the forum. Hopefully you can find some answers. Take one day at a time and see what results you get from your appointments which are coming up soon. Not being able to verbally communicate is terrible. My mother has not been able to speak since July 06 but she can still physically show us how much she loves us by hugging us etc. Stay positive until you have results.
Take care. Anne

Steve, you are very much in my prayers, as are all of you on this forum who have been diagnosed with ALS, who are caregivers/loved ones of someone with ALS or who are anxious about an ALS diagnosis. Try not to dwell on things you could have done differently, Steve; you have today and can do and give your best with that. As for losing your voice, human bonds can be strengthened in silence. Best of luck to you, Steve, and God bless.

Sharon

Good morning and welcome Steve. Emphasis on morning. You posted at 10 am and now it's 11. Most of us with ALS don't get up early because we need to get help or we just sleep late because we stay up late. Give it a day or so and you'll get replies. If you have this disease you will learn patience. Waiting will become second nature.
AL.

thanks all and sorry

sorry i was so impatient. you all seem so nice. i pray for all of you out there who are effected by this disease or other disease like it and not sure what is going on.

Good morning Steve,

You don't have to worry about being impatient with this disease. You will learn!:) If you have ALS, you will learn that you have to wait for everything!lol. LB is my husband. He was diagnosed in May 2005. While you wait for a diagnosis, you might want to think about writing how you feeling down in a journal. That way you have expressed yourself without getting your wife upset. In a couple of days you can reread what you wrote and see if you still want to express those feelings to her. If you do, okay. By doing this you may find that what you have spent time worrying about today doesn't really matter a few days later. Just a thought for you that has helped me in the past.

Take care,

terri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back