Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
Long island
Hello I have been following this forum since December 2017, posted under another name which I have since forgotten and posted last year under this same account.

my symptoms are body wide twitching, making fingers jump sometimes, arm twitches, leg, stomach buttocks and even my eyes. I have a bi lateral Hoffman sign, and have been to numerous doctors (no neuro referral) and they have all found no loss of strength or any abnormalities. When I asked them to check my knee reflexes they did and said they were 2 plus. Some days I feel like one body part at a time is shaking but when I look at it the part is not shaking as it feels. I do notice that when I am busy and out of the house which is rarely since I have two young children, I don’t notice these symptoms as much.

another symptom I have is I sometimes feel as if my hands are clumsy or tiring quickly but that has been coming and going.

I have tested my strength with weight lifting and Could lift weight on both sides equally.
My questions are
1) I hAve been worried about als since December 2017, would i have definite failure by now with all this twitching I have been having?

2) should I be worried about the Hoffman sign?

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

Hi
you have normal reflexes, normal strength and a bilateral Hoffman’s which can be a normal variant so

1yes
2 no

good luck. Have a long and happy life

Previous thread

it doesn’t sound like much has changed. You’re good to go.

Thank you both for your quick replies. I have come to regard you both as two very knowledgeable members. I know that sounds creepy, since this is the internet. But thank you again.

Hello again. My twitching is now in my right bicep. To be honest the first sign I had of twitching was when I was pregnant with my daughter in 2017 and my thumb twitched for about 20 mins after I woke up from a nap. I googled thumb twitching and since then have had twitching in random spots since then but this aggressive twitch in my bicep comes and goes this am and it’s making me scared that it’s a slow progressing form. Sometimes my fingers feel clumsy when I text. So I get nervous about that too.
I have read some websites for tests to do at home such as walking on heels and toes and also balancing, finger tapping, tongue movement exercises and opening caps with just my finger and thump. I have passed all those tests but some times my thumb will feel tired. I also moved my couch with my kids on it with one handwithout a problem. I just can’t help feel that this twitching means more.

Twitching without clinical weakness doesn’t matter. Look into the facebook bfs group

I’m wondering if there is a possibility that the twitching (since 2017) would precede weakness. Even if was for this long.

You know, we’ve tried our darndest to reassure you. But apparently you aren’t buy it. You’re asking people who are actually dying of ALS to soothe your anxieties. Please reread all our answers to you in this and in your previous thread. There’s nothing more we can tell you. Please seek help for your anxiety.

Closing this thread. Please don’t start another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back