Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Country
US
State
Virginia
City
Harrisonburg
In spite of what we each have to deal with daily, what should a single person with our "Handicaps" do when it comes to finding a special someone? SHOULD we be looking at all? If you join an on line dating service, do you tell your "matches" at the beginning about your affliction? Or should you get to know each other first and THEN tell them when you both realize that you like each other.
I've told my daughter that I'd probably be better matched with another handicapped person 'cause they too understand what it's like to face the world "challenged" every day. She tells me not to limit myself. IS there a dating website for handicapped singles?

DBowman

aaahhh bless you bowman ,i am free if your desperate lol.
seriously........your daughter is right,dont put yourself down as i am sure there are many beautifull able bodied women out there who would love to date you.
me personally i am not really bothered,been there,done it all and bought the t shirt.
be carefull if you use a internet site but the best way is to go out somewhere in your town and meet new female friends first and see if it blossoms into "LUV".
take good care.
caroline.:-D

I am assuming that you are all about what's on the inside. If you are judged for your disability instead of who you truly are, then it's the wrong person. You need to find someone who accepts you for who you are not for your disability. I'm sure there are many wonderful able people out there who would love to share your company.

Don't limit yourself!

Bless your heart Olly, but I'm female...but I thank you and Sral for your kind words.

oh my word!

:oops::oops: i am so sorry i was getting you mixed up with someone else who is a male.
i am terrible at remembering names,and who's who.
please forgive me lol.
take care .
caroline:-D

Heh, heh!

That's quite alright 'cause the "D" in DBowman could have meant Dan or David or something else for all anybody knew! I don't usually use my first name but it is Diane!

Girls,
This was so funny! I just had to laugh! :lol: Olly, you always cheer me up when I read your posts. I think you're first rate and you always have such kind things to say to others! :) (especially men...just kidding! :mrgreen: )

Diane,
I always think honesty is the best policy, although I can see handling it either way. It just seems that it would be simpler to be forthright from the beginning about your "affliction". Then you would avoid the anxiety of having to at some point reveal it.
Some people have enough character to recognize that a person with a "handicap" can actually be a much less superficial person, a person with greater understanding of what is truly important in life, a person who has acquired strengths that others who have not had to struggle might never gain. Let your light shine through in the description you give of yourself. Show that you are not your handicap and that your handicap does not define you. To hide your "affliction" and then reveal it might give the message that you doubt your worth or somehow feel of less value because of it. That shouldn't be the case no matter what the circumstances.
I wish you well with it, Diane.
All the best,
Jane

Thanks!

You are right of course! Thanks for the sweet words of encouragement!

Never Mislead someone unless you would like to be Mislead Yourself Geo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back