Status
Not open for further replies.
You will stop, and you will sleep waking ready to get on with life. Meditate or pray, taking deep breaths in, absorbing God's healing energy, and breathing out the strain and negative energy. Imagine this starting at the tips of your toes, and work up to the top of your head. I have found this so important in the worst times, as does my husband. You will frighten your dog whether you cry or not, as a dog can sense feelings even if they are held in. He was probably grieving with you. God Bless you.

Paulette

thanks again. woke up this morning after some much neede rest.amazing what a bit of sleep does for ones attitude. thank you thank you thank you

Hi Shawn. I'm suddenly afraid of hurting myself because I know I will need to take care of my husband, so my heart really goes out to you an your wife. One of my challenges right now is finding a place to cry where no one will hear me. On a positive note, that's happening less frequently. There are some wonderfully generous and supportive people on this forum--I'm constantly amazed at how knowledgeable and truthful they are (I find bluntness to be a kindness now). I'll echo what others have said about stress--my husbands fasciculations go into overdrive after a difficult or more stressful than usual day.

I'm so sorry Sean...this is a pisser no doubt. It takes a while for everyone to regroup. My mother in law lives with my wife and me (i think that is correct grammar) and she has parkinsons and demensia. Needless to say my wife needs some crying room. It was horrible at first with all this but now we can laugh and joke and everyone pitches in as best they can and frankly it is better than ever on a lot of levels.

chin up. it is hard but lead by example and things will work out. there is no "best" here but after you hang around this forum for a while, you will find that no matter where you are, there are good, wonderful folks who would trade places if they could.

Shawn,
I also have faculations everywhere, over time you get used to it, you are in my prayers.

Get the book
How To Be Sick- A Buddist inspired guide to for the chronically ill and their care givers

Hi Shawn, if you haven't seen the ABCs of ALS on YouTube go look for them and I think you'll find some good information.

Max

Just have faith in our self. I wish your MRI report would say a different story. As you have depicted that you have 2 18 year old in your house, they can be your support for rest of your works. Never lose hope is the moral of the story.

Prayers for peace of mind. May the Lord, in His Almighty Grace, give us all a little sense of peace. Thank you for sharing your story and keep us updated.

Sincerely,

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back