Lost a loved one
Country
UK
State
London
City
London
Hello again guys,

Haven't posted for a while as I wanted to kind of ignore all symptoms and things that possibly pointed towards ALS/MND & give my mind a rest. Have now seen both Professors, they aren't finding any upper motor neuron signs but have noted the constant twitching mostly localised to inner right elbow, forearm, tricep and outer right quad. Although I do now tend to have the twitching everywhere.

I am scheduled for another EMG in the next month or so. Professors are hoping it comes back normal to support a case of benign cramping fasciculation syndrome. But can't say untill they see the next EMG results.

Newest things I have noticed since I last posted which I can't explain maybe it makes sense to you guys? Constant feeling of needing to stretch, mostly right forearm, tricep and legs. Aching in the forearm and tricep. Feeling of constant stiffness in the muscles even if I stretch the muscles properly it only temporarily relieves this feeling. Right arm has began to shake when doing certain tasks that I wouldn't consider strenuous holding certain objects. Slight cramping in outer base of palm and a slight weakness in grip in outer fingers. To me these signs are concerning and hard to ignore. I'm sure you guys have better knowledge than me though.

Jay

Sounds to me like the symptoms are consistent with cramp fasciculation syndrome.

Update: Tuesday afternoon I had my EMG. I don't get the results until July but the doctor who performed it said "Well the good news is this isn't Motor Neuron Disease" . My right quadricep where I have atrophy which I have been having trouble with especially the most twitching, came up with a strange reading (yet to be explained but hopefully nothing to worry about). But my right forearm & tricep where I have more atrophy came up with absolutely nothing. I finally feel I've been given a glimmer of hope and can live my life again, I hope this is my final all clear and this is just something I will have to live with. I also feel terrible still for everyone on here especially those suffering with the disease who have no escape, I want to really thank everyone who has helped me, through comments, PMs & general conversation. You guys know who you are. I have witnessed the disease first hand but it is one thing to witness it and another to have it.

Take care all and best wishes

Jay

Last edited:
Great news Jay! Glad they ruled out mnd. Hopefully, they can get you fixed up.

Great news Jay!! So happy for you ��

Ahh that is good news, really pleased for you.

Wendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back