Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
OR
City
Scio
Thank you. At the moment, I'm not dealing with hospice questions for myself, but for my former husband who is terminal with stage IV kidney cancer which has spread to his lungs and brain, as well as diabetes and congestive heart failure. The same information applies, so thanks again. Right now, we are trying to get oxygen at home. The ER doctor could not send him home with oxygen because the hospital's supply is reserved for covid patients. There are no hospital beds available in our area, either.

I'm very sorry. I was using the generic "you," which I shouldn't have. I don't know what equipment is available to him, e.g. as a rental through insurance or cash, but BiPAP even without oxygen might also help his breathing.

Thank you. His C-pap helps some.

Very sorry to read this.

A BiPAP would put less stress on his heart than CPAP, because the difference between inhalation and exhalation pressures can be much greater. Having to breathe against more pressure than you need is pretty tiring.

Thank you , everyone. His oncologist is trying to get oxygen at home for him but needs some more numbers. Despite the cancer having spread to his lungs, his oxygen level is good when upright. The moment he reclines, the oxygen level goes down. This has been an ongoing problem. We are hoping to get oxygen sometime this week.

Where do you live? I’m in San Antonio and am selling a Hill-Rom hospital bed.

Igg - I'm in Oregon. Sorry--too far to ship a bed. He is quite attached to his foam mattress. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back