Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Jose
:mad:So as if we didn't have enough to deal with as Glen's FTD seems to be worsening, and his physical symptoms.. he's agreed it's time to stop working, and he can no longer put on a jacket on his own, either zip front or over his head.

NOW.. my mom's in the hospital and been diagnosed with agressive, inoperable lung cancer. Prognosis is about 3 months.

Tonight... I'm mad at the universe.

Katie, I'm so sorry. That is a terrible blow I'm pray for you and your mom and Glen, to give you all the strength you need to get through this.

Katie, very sorry to hear the news about your mom and Glen. I hope you have helpers available to call on. It seems like you have to much on your plate to deal with by yourself.

Zaphoon

i am so sorry all that is happening , my thoughts are with you ...wish i could change it

wow...so sorry to hear this...my thoughts are with you.

Katie, I am mad at the universe right along with you.. this is not fair. I am so sorry. Clearly you are an amazingly strong woman and wonderful loving wife and daughter. We are here for you...

Rosella

Katie, my heart is breaking for you. This is a lot to deal with. I'm so sorry. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. How long has your mom not been feeling well?

Hang in there kid. Wish there was more I could say to make things better.

AL.

dear katie
i am just like you
we have the right to be mad at everything ,dont we?
THIS IS NOT FAIR

Katie, that is awful! I don't blame you one bit for being mad at the universe and I really wish that there was more that we could do. All I can say is stay strong and that I am thinking of you.

Barry

Thanks everyone.. just knowing there are people that actually "get it" helps a lot. Hearing someone else say "Dang... you have a LOT on your plate" makes me feel less like I'm just feeling sorry for myself.

Debbie.. Mom's actually been ill for several years. No exaggeration, she was being treated for emphysema, would take her oxygen off, go outside and smoke,and come back in. We knew the emphysema would kill her eventually... but I don't think any of us was prepared to hear "3 months".

Katie,

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom's diagnosis. I wish there was something I could do but I will say..."Dang... you have a LOT on your plate" and that just sucks.

Thinking of you.
Dana

Katie
Three months is hard to take and time goes way to fast. I wish there was something I could say or do but I will agree with Dana and say ...""Dang...you have a LOT on your plate" and that just sucks."

Hang in there

Debbie

Hi Kati,
So sorry to hear about your mom & Glen,I know how you feel my son at the age of 43 died 6 mos after being diagnosed with cancer of the esophagus. Make as many memories as you can. it is very hard to lose the ones you love so much & YES you do have alot on your plate & I know where you are coming from. I am mad at the universe too.GOD BLESS
SHARON

Katie -
You know I'm here for you! Wish I could do more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back