Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Netty,
Oh man..when I read your emails....I seriously got choked up. I have been a little out of the loop with the Thanksgiving, Andrew's surgery, and then Christmas. As I take a deep breath, I am feeling both of your strength. Please know that I am always here to chat....let Freddie know that we had his tunes playing on New Years Eve. Andrew made it up to celebrate the new year..even had a couple of beers. Amazing how even in our weakest moments our hubby's strength pulls us through. Please know I am always here if you want to chat. I was so happy to read all of the support heading your way from the forum. I saw that Stu was offering to help...he is a great man..full of integrity..and able to help. Thinking of you always. Peace in 09. Love, Kelly

Netty~

Glad you found your strength again and some room to EXHALE. I loved your comment about 'doing some rearranging' as I know that is one of Freddies songs. Your struggles have been many along the road but you are so incredibly strong, if I were in a dark alley I'd want you in my corner. Your love for Freddie shines through on each of your posts and I find you BOTH to be amazing. Tell Freddie my son would "poop himself" if he found out who he was working with in the upcoming year.
Hope he finds his smile again.

Love,
Cindy

Netty,

I'm so sorry to hear what you went through. I am glad to know you are feeling better. We are all here for you.

Take care,
Wan

Bless your heart, Netty, you are such a fortress of strength. I think that the winter can be particularly hard because of all the germs floating around, but we'll be in warmer weather before we know it (oh wait, last week it was 80+ degrees in Dallas...but then in the 30s yesterday...aagh!) And longer days with more sunlight. All those things have an impact on us. And you mentioned making it to 2009, I bet that was a big stress as well. We were determined to make it through 2008, and when midnight came around, we were so relieved! I poured a tiny little bit of champagne down my mother's feeding tube in celebration! We set mini-goals to mark time, and that's what keeps me going sometimes. But there are still those times when exhaustion sets in, especially because you are right in that the disease does not stop progressing just because of a ventilator. But life doesn't have to stop either--as I wrote at one point last year, it's definitely a personal decision as to whether or not to be vented, but for those who do it, we have to think of it as another phase of life. I am so glad that my mother opted for the vent because we have grown so much closer during the past year, and she has also taught me so much about myself.

If we were in Houston, I'd definitely say let's get together and vent (bad pun), but I haven't been down there since we sold my grandmother's house. We were supposed to go back to see Dr. Stanley Appel for a follow-up at the Methodist Hospital, but it's too hard to travel down there with the vent and everything.

Happy New Year, and keep fighting the fight!

Netty,I read your post and feel like you were reading my mind.My husband was diagnosed last month but is figured to be at the 2year mark.The last 6mos have been the hardest.I want you to know you are not alone.I cry every morning.There are times I don't even want to go downstairs to start the day.I miss my old life.I just want it to be over,but then I will remember the man I loved for 35 years and feel guilty.I am sad and I miss him.There is no getting better with this horrible disease.Hang in there and just know people care .

hey shrimpbox,
I will certainly keep you in my prayers,
take good care,
-brenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back