Other
Country
NL
State
NL
City
Den Haag
Hello,
first of sorry for any bad grammar, I'm from the Netherlands so English is not my main language.
You must all think oh no, not another anxious twitcher. But I'm afraid here I am.
I was wondering if you guys could shed some light on my problem, which is twitching and twitching alone.
I don't have any weakness that I know of, no atrophy, just fasciculations. I've had them for about a month now, and I too, googled it. Which was dumb. very dumb.
There is no pattern in them, they jump from one place to another. They are not constant, though they are there everyday. When I want to film them I can't, they're either not there or not visible. The main one is in my groin(?!?!) on the left side, the other ones just switch places. They are fast and short, not worm like.
When I'm busy i don't notice them. That makes me suspicious about anxiety a bit more. Do you notice ALS twitches when you're busy/active? Furthermore does this sound anything like ALS? Thanks in advance
PS: I'm 27 years old

Please read the stickies for more info on twitching. No, it sounds nothing like ALS. Twitching is one of the more st common symptoms humans have and well over 90% of the time, it means nothing at all. When it does indicate an issue, it is even more rarely ALS. Lastly, twitching is next to never a first symptom of ALS.

If twitching meant ALS, I would have been diagnosed many years ago and long since deceased. Drink water, get rest, relax and cut back on caffeine. See your Doctor if that does not help in two weeks, but only to put your mind at ease.

Thank you for your reply.
Just 2 follow up questions if you don't mind.
Does twitching usually (I know there's no vast rule, but generally) precede weakness, or is it usually seen after weakness has already started?
And do ALS fasciculations usually stay in the same areas, where the disease is active, or does it jump from one place to another? For example, leg, shoulder, trunk, arm and so forth.
There is a lot of information on the internet about fasciculations and als but none of them are very specific. And could be interpreted the wrong way as you probably know.
Thanks again

It is difficult to speak of any ALS symptom in absolutes, but most often, clinical weakness comes before twitching in ALS. Another feature tends to be that twitching in more often in specific areas rather than all over the body. Again, I always remind people that I am no Doctor and health questions should be addressed to your Doctor. These are just generalities about ALS.

Thank you so much for your time.
I've made an appointment with my pcp for monday. Just to put my mind at ease.
Thanks again for the time you took to help me and i will be making a donation to the als fund.
With kind regards

Buzzing sensation foot

Hi
I've been having very bad anxiety about having als. The last couple of days i've had a strange non stop buzzing feeling in the bottom of my foot. It doesnt feel like a fasciculations, unless its a crazy fast one. But i dont think so. Does this sound like it could be an als symptom?

Re: Buzzing sensation foot

Please refer to the "READ BEFORE POSTING" thread at the top of the Do I Have ALS subforum.

This is your second post in asking virtually the same question. You've been given good answers in your prior post so there is nothing more to add.

Please reread the stickies and if you still have questions, go to your doctor.

Apparently I've insulted you. My apologies.

Apparently I've insulted you. My apologies.

It's your failure to read the Pinned Post titled Read Before Posting that's insulting.

ALS Fasiculations don't " come and go". Nope.

You have nothing that sounds remotely like ALS.

Thank you for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back