Attachments

• darwin croc3.jpg
    darwin croc3.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 183
  • darwin croc4.jpg
    darwin croc4.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 206
Looks like fun Katrina!

So glad you are having fun! And it is good to know that they can jump as high as they can. Would never have imagined...

Jim

Here in Orlando they have a tourist attraction called Gator Land...been around since the 50's or 60's. (I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting--it is one of my faves!)

They have a they have a jumping Gator show. of course gators are not quite as scary as crocs--

Looks like you are having a ton of fun. By the way, do crocs cry and have crocodile tears?

Rosec I will be sure to ask Martin the local we are staying with in the morning, he would know, I'm just a tourist ;)

OK I will now be offline for a couple of days as we are going camping - yes we are going camping in the real-deal croc country of Dundee (anyone seen that movie crocodile Dundee?)

If you google it you will find it's got nothing there really, though apparently there is a pub somewhere along the way (of course).

We drive in at low tide, and that's it til next low tide!

I'll be thinking of you all, can't take the puter it will be way too hot there for it so it's going to be strange for me to be completely cut off!

Love you all, play nice when you can xxxx

>it's going to be strange for me to be completely cut off!

:) enjoy the offline freedom ... I try to do it for 10 days every year --- usually on a cruise where I am too cheap to par for internet ...

thanks Max, it was strange to have no phones or anything for a few days!

I managed to see quite close up crocodiles in the wild and live to tell the tale!

Now, back to finding out how my family are doing...

Hi Tillie, Just came on the forum for the first time in a long time. So great to see your photos of your trip, looks like you have had a fun time. x

Tillie, I'm glad you're back safely from Dundee and still in one piece. You ARE an adventurer!
Thanks for taking us all along on your trip.
You have inspired and comforted me more than you know during the last several months.
I'm trying to get out of that black hole of being diagnosed. So grateful not to have to go through this alone!

thanks weavie and flashdance

I'm glad I did manage to get a pic of one of the wild crocs we saw. This was at least a 4m long one, hard to tell when you are standing so close and nearly wetting yourself and it wasn't bringing more than its head out of the water ...

It robbed all the crabs from that crab pot though ... better than robbing us of one of our camping crew! All you can see is a lot of water flashing as it was having a go at the pot, but you only get one chance at taking these pics ;)

This is now our last night here, it's 5pm Darwin time as I post and the plane leaves at 6am tomorrow morning ...

Attachments

• wildcroc1.jpg
    wildcroc1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 139
  • wildcroc2.jpg
    wildcroc2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 149
the Crabs were probably hiding from him in the pot. better there than with him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back