Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
MD
City
Pasadena
Hi,
Don't know where to start, I am a 57 year old women who lost her MOM to ALS, in 1984. Recently I have neck stiffness and some cracking sounds when I turn my head.
Over the past few years my legs seem to be very weak, and need to hold railing using stair steps, lately I feel off balance when I walk, have leg cramps some with sharp pains and tender to touch at times. Now I have tingling in hands and feet at times. When I wake up in the morning I sit on side of bed for a minute to make sure I have balance before I get out of bed and legs feel weak. Also I am scheduled for surgery gallbladder removal and wondering if I should be tested first for nerve damage/problems.

I'm sorry about your mum.

What does your doctor say about your symptoms?

The neck and leg tenderness started after Dr appointment about stomach and gas problem they found stones and polyps. Did tell d doctor about off balance she did not think Neuro problem but now I am not sure

Then you are best going back to a doctor than here as only a doctor can figure out if there is anything actually going on.

57 year old women who lost her MOM to ALS, in 1984.
>> 25 years old is awfully young to lose a parent. Very sorry.

neck stiffness and some cracking sounds when I turn my head.
>> I had that for decades. No idea what it was but it didn't do anything.

past few years legs weak, need to hold railing
>> Sedentary life?

feel off balance
>> NIH lists a dozen balance disorders and their causes. Look there. Not a symptom of ALS.

leg cramps some with sharp pains
>> not a symptom of ALS, although some ALS people get this.

tingling in hands and feet
>> NOT ALS at all.

You should bring all of this up to your doctor, but I don't see any reason to worry about ALS.

Hi I went to my PCP did blood work and sent for a leg ultra sound, nothing showed on ultra sound. Sometimes feel a nerve prickly feeling in hands and leg. Not sleeping well notice a jumpy twitching feeling durning resting time. Also notice tightness in head and neck and some eye problems. Waiting follow up appt with PCp

That's great! :)

You can work with your PCP to work out what is going on. It's not even the tiniest bit remotely like ALS.

Staying away from here will be important for your mental health now.

Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back