Ode to an Immovable Object

Status
Not open for further replies.
brooksea-- is you give us the e-mail adresse maybe we could all e-mail them and make an impact then they may reliase we are serious , more choices than a piece of Hershey in cheek

"I told him if we are grilling and you can't eat but you can smell, you might like to have a little taste while you have nutrition thru a PEG! He agreed, for once! LOL""

I agree 100%, I would like my taste strip medium well with fried mushrooms and a baked potato with sour cream and bacon bits! And for desert, key lime pie!

OK .. thats just kruel ... its almost midnight here , time for bed , and you mention the KLP .

better get my drops before I drown in drool .

G'nite EH !

Dream on buddy and don't eat your pillow!

and dont forget the grilled onions!:lol:

This is the response I got from the company! May be onto something here:

First Flavor is primarily a marketing company, and as such, we don't
have a process or procedure for 'selling' our great tasting edible film
strip products. We are in the process of exploring to see if we can sell
our product to help enrich the quality of life for people who are unable
to eat, such as those with dysphagia. Would it be ok to put you in touch
with our Wharton research team?

Are you inquiring to request samples?

I have asked for contact info for Wharton. Wouldn't this be great if the ALS community were one of the first to test these strips for distribution?:p

When I get further info, I will pass it on.

Way to go CJ! Please let us know how it goes. I would love to try any virtual food that they have.

Mee too.

I did pick up some of those Listerine breathe strips. They work very well. Thank You for that tip.

Can they make those strips taste like chocolate ? I miss chocolate as it triggers migranes. It used to be one of the five food groups in our house.

If not chocolate , I would settle for a Jack Daniels or a good Bourbon.

Glen

you go girl , and we all can write them if they don't believe this is a workable market

p.s. it could help dieter's also

Taste strips are a good start ... but your teeth want in on the action, too. I have made bread and butter and just chewed bite after bite then spit them out, and that worked for a while ... very tasty and satisfying ... but it got the juices flowing too much. That's why my secret chocolate habit ... sneaking tiny bits down the right side of my throat ... feels so good! It coats and sooths the throat (mine is perpetually painful from thrush), lets me do some mini chewing and tastes good. They'll have to pry them Hershey Kisses out of my cold, dead hands!

The joy of eating is a whole-mouth thing.

i know what exactly what you mean lol

I'm with Beth on the divine taste of chocolate. My preference is Dove dark chocolate with a raisin thrown in. Reminds me of the old Chunky bars but much, much better.

Chocolate pudding, chocolate icecream, German chocolate cake!

Chocolate donuts!

Chocolate coconut cream pie!

The list is endless!

and i though i was the chocolate lover lol

I take my tongue for granted and all that it does. It is an integral part of being a brass player. If it ever stops to function, my trombone playing days are over and that would be a very sad time. At least you don't have to do any tongueing when you play cello.

I don't say much except for when I'm telling stories (and I tell them often!). I can't imagine what it would be like not being able to stick my tongue out at rude drivers (as I salute them with my two-finger salute). Why 2 fingers? The message is encoded that way. Ever hear anyone say, "Hey! Did you see that guy just give me the fingers?!"

I have an alter-ego named, "Danger Man" but he's really a panzy (afraid to salute in true fashion).

Oh well... I blame it on drinking too much coffee today.

Zaphoon

Kim, thanks for bring this thread back to it's original idea. I promise that I won't stick my tongue out at you or anyone else but I still have use of my fingers so watch out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back