JEB1979

Country
US
State
PR
City
San Juan
Hello everyone.

I've posted here before, as I've been having weird symptoms since the middle of May of last year. Saw several doctors and finally had an EMG performed last December that detected fasciculations in my legs, but no explanation for the fasciculations I had in other parts of the body. Doctor didn't think it was ALS but couldn't give me a diagnosis.

So I'm still having fasciculations, but have also had a weird new symptom show up within the past month, and was hoping to get done insights from the kind folks here.

I mentioned before that the area where the fasciculations were most intense were my calves, specifically my left calf, which is where the fascias are most constant/strongest. Well, now I have a very weird symptom...I constantly feel a weird thrumming from deep within my left leg near the calf area. The closest thing I can compare it to is the sensation of a vibrating cell phone. I'm assuming it's some sort of fasciculation deep within the leg.

Has anyone else had something like what I'm describing? Of course, I'll tell my neuro next month, but was hoping for some reassurance from the folks here that it doesn't sound like an ALS symptom.

Hi there, I often get that. I don't have ALS.... well if I do I just don't know it yet...just some worrying mild symptoms so far. However, if it makes you feel a bit better, vibrations in the foot, knee, leg, hip etc are quite common. If you google it you will find a lot of other people worldwide have the same thing happening. And I am assuming not all those people could have ALS/MS. It is a vibration feeling inside the body but it can't be felt externally by touching a hand/finger to it. It is also apparently quite a common symptom of MS.Not sure about ALS sorry. And despite neurologists saying fasiculations are not a symptom of MS they are also common in MS people too. Sometimes I guess weird things happen in our bodies that don't actually mean anything much. I am hoping this as I feel too young to even be worrying about this yet. And I really wish I had never thought to google my symptoms as I would be blissfully living my life until something really obvious came along I guess. Goodluck. :(:)

I've had muscular twitching for a whole now. And I know there are other causes for it other than ALS, but this is different. It's a weird vibrating sensation coming from deep within the left leg. It feels uncomfortable and really strange.

My guess is the alien probe is malfunctioning....

Doesn't sound like als to me, but I'm not a doctor I just play one on goo gle.

I get it often and it feels like waves of a vibration throughout my left leg, sometimes it goes into my foot, knee, calf, shin.... so bizarre. I know It must be something nerve or vascular related... as for yours, well I guess back to doctor again. if you are concerned. From the little I know of ALS it is progressive and reasonably slow for most people in the beginning stages. I have made a mental decision to just live as well as I can for now...I have two young kids who need me. If I have a disease process happening I am pretty certain it will present itself obviously eventually and if it is ALS or an MND there won't be much I can do about it really. Occasionally I spin out again when the twitching gets bad or my left arm starts to ache for no reason and I find myself back on this website again trying to rationalise everything for myself. I believe that you probably are unlikely to have it. If you calculate the actual stats that you have an MND it is about 0.004% chance in reality. Pretty good odds really especially if you are under 40 years old. I know there is someone out there under that age who have it sporadically but it is still very rare. I know the very real fear and the irrational fear that you feel whilst displaying symptoms. But the fact is , it is rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back