Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
FL
City
TAmpa
Hello,
I am a nursing student studying ALS for the semester. I was hoping to interview someone with the disease with their family, if available. It would preferable for someone in the Tampa, FL area but if not I would love to meet anyone and maybe skype? So many times we learn the disease in school and we never put an actual face to the disease and I'm hoping to do that. I appreciate anytime you have to share your journey with me.

Moved you up here for more exposure.

AL

As a retired nurse I would be happy to help. I am out of town until tomorrow and don't have my compuer with me. Pm me if you'd like.

If you send me your email address in a private message I’ve a good number of poems about MND ALS that I’ll willingly send you to use and share, many are said to punch right home.

They are used in the North East UK here by many students.

You'll be more than welcome

I'm back home and can skype if you like.

skype is okay but me speech is very bad, Ill happily email all the poems I've wrote, just let me know

Cloneswife, You'll find a wealth of information here on the forum in the archives. Sorry we're not closer I'd love to do the interview with you. If you have specific questions you're welcome to send them via e-mail.

There are a good number of ASL MND poems in my blog, you can use freely, they will help you no end as a student

Mr. Robin. Thank you so much for offering your poems. I was able to read a couple and I will surely reference your work in my project.

momap53--thank you so much for offering. I think for the most part we have the book definition of the disease but how has it affected you in your daily living conditions. It's different for everyone depending what part of their lives they've been diagnosed. We are trying to connect real people to the disease versus the medical aspect of the condition.

The movie "Tuesday's with Morry" would give some insight. I may have misspelled that..

It is an old movie with Jack Lemon. It does have a lot to think about. You might be better
asking specific questions like; "Tell me a funny story, give me a medical situation that went
bad. Those are easy.

I thought about rewritng the movie. "My life with Eddie" but I didn't have the desire to expose
such tragady. It includes finances, relationships, history, future, all that said to make it unique

There is a place in the Bible where, God says to Habakkuk, "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."
That sometimes is how it is with other peoples situations.

I'll be watching to see what you think. I am not on here as much as I used to be.

Jim, caregiver

If you'll do a search on you-tube, you'll find a great many short videos made by PALS and CALS about their life with ALS. Several on the forums do blogs. Good luck!

There is a place in the Bible where, God says to Habakkuk, "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."
That sometimes is how it is with other peoples situations.

I'll be watching to see what you think. I am not on here as much as I used to be.

Jim, caregiver[/QUOTE]

Jim, that is very true. Thank you for the movie suggestion. Although we might not be able to cite a fictional movie--even though it's based on a string of factual events. "Tuesdays with Morrie" started out as a very popular book by Mitch Albom. Mr. Albom also wrote very popular books like "Five People You Meet in Heaven." I totally forgot about this! I will check it out for future independent research. The information that I've found out so far about this disease is truly amazing.

We've recently had RN, PT OT students visiting our support group. They were good contributors and I would encourage you to attend one locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back