Diagnosis
11/2022
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
Looks like they have the FDA Advisory meeting on Jan 11th.

Seems like there are two camps (pro and con) on this drug.

Best I can tell it may help some people who are not too advanced yet and have multiple
rounds of treatments.

Any opinions on this particular stem cell treatment and the likelihood / timing of
potential access ?

Thank you

They've presented some compelling evidence that shows the treatment has a positive effect on multiple biomarkers.

This presentation, titled "2022 ALS ONE Research Symposium: Brainstorm-Cell Therapeutics/NurOwn", with their Chief Development Officer Stacy Lindborg, PhD is a good review of their phase 3 results, including discussion around how the floor effect may have masked the efficacy of the treatment.

View: https://youtu.be/qwttt4VZbe8

From what I can tell, depending on the outcome of this meeting (ie. if the FDA decided to accept the BLA), it could be anywhere from 6 to 10 months depending on whether the FDA grants priority review to the application or not before a decision is made. I'm no expert; if others know differently please correct me!

Ace,

The "floor effect" you cite seems reasonable as a factor in overall lower results. Seems like the FDA should be granting approvals on safe treatments like this that can be conditional to ongoing results. I agree with your 6-10 month timeline assuming all goes well.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back