02/2013
Country
US
State
Co
City
Denver
Hello,

My mom wants to try this trial. It was just approved at Mayo Clinic. Does anyone have experience with this or have any information? It looks like the trials so far have been promising.

This is the Israeli stem cell trial is it not? I believe Mayo just signed a letter of understanding. UMass and MGH did this last year but it does not mean the trial is starting let alone recruiting. We were told at MGH that there are a number of steps before it will happen. I think they were hoping for the fall if all goes well. They intimated that you would need to be geographically fairly close to study site for accessibility But yes it seems to offer hope although I have been told the results were perhaps exaggerated in the initial reports. I would still pursue it if I could. Good luck

They said the tiral will begin the second half of 2013. My mom lives an hour from Mayo clinic and I called them yesterday and they put her on the list! I am assuming things are moving forward?

That's exciting news! I think they were waiting on the company to interact with the FDA so maybe that has finally happened! Good luck

I wish JHU would be running that particular trial, if not right now, pretty soon then.

NH

Open the PDF below. These are the results of the first phase of this trial...this looks very positive for ALS patients! We are going to think positive and hope my mom gets into the trial!

Attachments

• Brainstorm__ALS_Data_AAN_3-21-13__clientinfo.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,379
Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting.
Those preliminary results look very promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back