Numbness anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same symptoms but in my right hand. Little finger and ring finger are numb and I cannot move them. My neurologist thought this might be a result of leaning on my right elbow pinching off nerves and not necessarily a symptom of my ALS.

Hi Bill. I have numbness in part of my right foot, right edge and two smallest toes. I get sporadic burning in both feet, it seems to happen when my fasiculations are most active. I also have mild numbness on the right side of me face, to the right of my cheek bone. I cannot move my tight foot or toes and my left foot is 50% to that of my right foot.

I have the same symptoms but in my right hand. Little finger and ring finger are numb and I cannot move them. My neurologist thought this might be a result of leaning on my right elbow pinching off nerves and not necessarily a symptom of my ALS.
While I agree that it isn't a symptom of ALS, in my case it's the result of not being able to adjust my elbows as they rest on the arms of my wheelchair. PT helped more than padding.

You can use foam blocks, gel overlays that fit into arm troughs (wheelchair arms that your arm rests in, which is the kind that most PALS should have), and/or travel pillows to cushion your elbows and forearms, which don't have a lot of padding in the best of times. Also, the arms of your wheelchair can be adjusted in height and angle to protect your arms as much as possible, and depending on which arms you have, can be at least partially adjusted by CALS with an Allen wrench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back