Diagnosis
03/2020
Country
US
State
CT
City
Shelton
Newly diagnosed w/ Bulbar ALS after months of worsening swallowing changes, then rapid speech changes over last 6 months. I just started Neudexta 10 days ago and am very hopeful. I have severely slurred, slow, effortful speech, trouble chewing, poor lip seal, trouble swallowing, choking on liquids, felt like things were getting stuck in my throat, and pills were very difficult to swallow, and had a terrible time moving food around in my mouth. I am thrilled to be able to peel food off the roof of my mouth again. Swallowing also seems a bit better, and my tongue can form words just a wee bit better.

Haven’t seemed to have any of the concerning possible EKG changes the Med can cause; keeping my fingers crossed.

Welcome, Prima. I moved your post so more could welcome you here. Usually, PALS will post updates or questions in the General forum or PALS. The CALS section where you originally posted is used by caregivers.

Let us know how we can help. I hope the Nuedexta continues working well for you.

Best,
Laurie

I’m sorry for you diagnosis, Prima, but I’m glad your Nuedexta is helping. Welcome to this group. The members are very helpful. They give great advice and encouragement.
Tammy

I am sorry about your diagnosis, but this is a good place to find help and support. My pals also takes neudexta and we believe it has helped with his bulbar symptoms. A nurse told us if you tip your head a little forward when you take pills, it helps to swallow. It seems counter-intuitive but it does help my pals.

I went to a smoothie to take pills everyday. frozen fruit if fresh not available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back