Diagnosis
1/2015
Country
US
State
TX
City
Houston
As a caregiver who is her 6th+ year, I wanted to share some anecdotal experience with Nuedexta for those who may be newly diagnosed. Please note, I am not and have never been a medical professional, so this information is just from our experience. When my pals was first exhibiting symptoms, I noticed that he was slurring his words. Now, in hindsight, this was unusual, as he has limb onset. A year after he had been diagnosed, I contacted his neurologist after reading about the possibility of Neudezta slowing bulbar symptoms. My husband also was having some unusual mood changes. The neurologist then prescribed Neudexta. it definitely helped my pals and he is still eating by mouth 5 years later, no feeding tube. It also improved his ability to speak clearly and he only recently lost that ability, although still tries and I can usually understand him. I am not sure it will help everyone, as this illness varies among pals, but want to encourage you to follow up with neurologists with any questions you may have about treatment. The Neudexta information was new when we were diagnosed and perhaps there will be other new treatments for those recently diagnosed as well. We certainly didn't think, when we were first diagnosed, that we would beat the odds. For what it’s worth, I, personally, think the Neudexta helped, but that’s just a lay person's opinion.

thanks for that - it really seems to be one of the important therapies. I just wish it was available in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back