Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
Minnestota
City
Woodbury
I took my first Nuedexta capsule which I took dissolved in a shotglass od Dr. Pepper. It tasted so awful I could barely get it down. I am unable to swallow capsules. Are you all able to swallow capsules or do you all have feeding tubes you shove the capsule down or does Nuedexta in some other form - like liquid or a small pill?

Sandy now in Woodbury MN

I can still swallow my pills (carefully), some times it takes me a few tries....all of my meds taste awful if I don't get them down quickly.
Something that I have heard of is mixing the meds with yogurt or something you can swallow.
Let us know how you do on the Nuedexta, I had a rough go adjusting to it. Can still only take one per day, after being on it for two months.

Try using a teaspoon of yoghurt, jam, apple sauce ... something a little thick that should get it down without too much back taste.

It was definitely easier once my husband got the peg in to give any medication without a thought of all that.

I take my Neudexta by placing it as far down my throat as possible the wash it down with soda or if that doesn't work applesauce

>Sandy now in Woodbury MN

-----
?

-----
Max - Monday, July 14, 2014 9:56:23 PM
-----
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013
It Is What It Is ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back