Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
Minnestota
City
Woodbury
I took my first Nuedexta capsule which I took dissolved in a shotglass od Dr. Pepper. It tasted so awful I could barely get it down. I am unable to swallow capsules. Are you all able to swallow capsules or do you all have feeding tubes you shove the capsule down or does Nuedexta in some other form - like liquid or a small pill?

Sandy now in Woodbury MN

bigmark1954

Very helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
UT
City
taylorsville
I can still swallow my pills (carefully), some times it takes me a few tries....all of my meds taste awful if I don't get them down quickly.
Something that I have heard of is mixing the meds with yogurt or something you can swallow.
Let us know how you do on the Nuedexta, I had a rough go adjusting to it. Can still only take one per day, after being on it for two months.

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
Try using a teaspoon of yoghurt, jam, apple sauce ... something a little thick that should get it down without too much back taste.

It was definitely easier once my husband got the peg in to give any medication without a thought of all that.

stumble

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
Minnestota
City
Woodbury
I take my Neudexta by placing it as far down my throat as possible the wash it down with soda or if that doesn't work applesauce

MaxEidswick

Legendary member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Pinehurst