Now what is going on with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And a good Merlot as well, It is good for celebrations.
AL.

So is Zinfandel! LOL! (In a CHILLED glass, of couse!)

Irma

Thank you all!
Now my feelings on Resveratrol, which again I quote as having 640 mg per 8 oz, of red wine have some very promising effects on ALS. ( Please Google that!) So Yes Red wine was the order of the day But in truth I had two Margarita to celebrate! (Doubles)Now that I had my 3 glasses of wine tonight I feel a little like rambling so bear with me and find the humour! :-D I have 4 children triplet. 3 beautiful daughters 7 and the cutes charming son 5. While I went through 3.5 months of familiar ALS fear. I told my husband that when we went to Florida for spring break I wanted to get my scuba certificate. He has wanted that for some time. Now that I know I might be around for a few more years he is getting irritated over my fear of getting eaten by a shark. It did not seem to matter a month ago but now.............. hmmmmm, more red wine!:-

Last edited by a moderator:
Scuba diving is great. I've seen sharks in Florida waters numerous times but they were only mildy curious. If you get bitten by a shark in Florida it is usually wading in less than 5 ft. of water. You have a better chance of getting ALS than being bitten by a shark. Especially if you're a diver.
AL.

Not sure if putting in right spot bit of a panic or trying not to, My husband has a red area on his upper left ankle that is causing him much pain. I am pretty sure, very sure he hasn't banged his leg on anything but still a possilblity transfering from chair to wheelchair that I missed. Advice please on how serious I hsould be reacting, have family here that may be adding fuel to fire. Last experience at emerge was very bad so don't want to go there if at all possible for something not shall we say hot. Gp unalvalible at htis time.

Trying to check on line but of course when in a hurry never find what I am looking for so came to the pro's for first class info.

Hi givenin. How is that spot today? Was the area around it warm? Does he have foot swelling normally and was this different. Sorry no one got back sooner.
AL.

Yes the area was warm, pretty warm and the redness was larger than an egg, homecare seems to think spider bite. My concern of course is his lack of mobility and trying to get him to keep his legs elevated for awhile durring the day dosn't always work. Had family here at the time and they have a knack for over drama so made things more difficult to deal with hence my panic feeling. Normally his feet and ankles are very cold with swelling which has been there for over a year. It is still tender but not as painfull as it was that first day so mabe it was a bite. keeping watch.

Thanks for getting back.

rash

is it a rash? i don't want to be an alarmist, but if i see a rash after taking a medication, the first thing i think of is the possibility of an allergic reaction, which can be quite serious.

otherwise, somebody mentioned an all-over rash and another person posted a response here: http://www.als.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2399&whichpage=2#17009

another poster mentioned getting a face rash. she's a nurse, and didn't seem overly excited about it--maybe my fear of allergic reactions to medications is exaggerated?

No I don't believe it is a rash and he is not taking anything new. It is causing some more pain today, he says more like a lump than pain on top of the skin. and very warm to the touch. Have asked the doctor to visit ans check it out.

I hate to mention blood clot but that was what I was thinking.
AL.

That was my fear to, funny he has spent most of his life traveling on planes for long hours and then to get that problem now.

Not funny.

Will let you know what the Doc says.

Yes-please let us know what happens!

Okay how do you spell Flabitasis, my spelling stinks. That is what the doctor thinks it is. Elevate and treat with asa and cold compresses which we have been doing and now this evening his right heel is very painful but can not see any redness or feel any heat from it.

Has anyone else here had this happen to them?

Thanks for the spelling and site. Doctor felt it was only a surface vein affected most likely caused when moved from recliner to wheelchair and I hope she is right, she sort of brushed it off lightly as well as saying that Lithium side affects were nothing to worry about which bothered me allot. We also have a surgen who is very willing to put a peg in saying he doesn't have any concerns about his breathing, I bet he doesn't that would be the Anesthesiologist responsibility not his and the Anesthesiologist isn't keen on doing it. I am afraid my husband has left it to long for a feeding tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back