Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Gina. Did you miss a period or letters? That link won't work for me.

AL.

Where have all the twitches gone ?

Hi, all ... this is probably as good a thread as any to jump in on ...

I am wondering why I don't have more twitching. For a few months, I had gentle twitches around my left forearm which I could not feel, along with less frequent ones on my left shoulder and bicep. Now those have stopped. I get an occasional blip on my left bicep but that's it.

My left hand/arm and left leg have gotten weaker, but I have never had any twitches in my leg. My right hand/arm also is getting weaker, but I have never had any twitches there.

I occasionally get a single twitch on my lower back, and I have frantic little twitches under my eyes, which I've had for years and years ... but that's it. Even the fasciculations on my tongue at rest have stopped. In fact, the only time I have had ever had real twitches all over my body was when I was taking Mestinon.

Not that I want to start twitching more, but how come all the people without ALS get twitches, and I don't? Is this a good sign? A bad sign? Or is it meaningless? :roll:

Puzzled in L.A.,
BethU

I guess I should have worded that a little better. Gina, the link doesn't work. Period

AL.

I thank all of those that have recently written to me in this thread . . . BUT . . . I am doing relatively fine.

I started this thread nearly 10 months ago back in January. This thread was just resurrected by L4dybugg a couple of days ago (again L4dybugg, there was absolutely nothing wrong with that). It was my second post and my knowledge of ALS and all that goes along with it was still subpar at the time. My symptoms had just started and I had no diagnosis.

I have since been diagnosed with a rare peripheral neuropathy (this happened some months ago). It did present itself initially in a similar manner as ALS but it turns-out it wasn't: I had painless weakness (later I suffered from neuropathic pain . . . and I still do), followed shortly thereafter by muscle atrophy and fasics. All I need to do is simply be patient and wait to heal.

Thanks again for all of the concern, though. That is certainly one of the things that makes this site so wonderful.

hi wright

when i read the first post on this thread yesterday,i thought this does not sound like wright.
i thought i had read the name wrong or it had got mixed up,but then i looked at the date:roll:
your first post shows you are just as human as the rest of us:lol:
you have clearly come a long way since then and built up your knowledge of als.
just wanted to let you know why i did not reply,if i saw it was recent i would have.
i hope the neuropthy is healing well and there are no further problems.
:-D

Thanks John. How are things down your way? I went out and voted today.

AL.

Hi Al,

I went out and voted on Saturday. The polling station had a nice long wheel-chair ramp up to the second floor. When I got there, there was a 6" step to get inside! The officials were really flustered and didn't know what to do. Then I spotted what appeared to be a folding table leaning against a wall. Turned out to be a wheelchair ramp so my vote wasn't stolen after all.

Otherwise things are pretty good. Nice fall day here and I heard a meteorologist in Toronto this morning saying that temperatures should remain above average in Newfoundland for the rest of the fall because the ocean is unusually warm this year. Sounds OK to me. The cold really gets to me now.

Wright,

Thank you for sharing your story and diagnosis. Much appreciated!

Zaphoon

Lad4ybugg

When I first saw my neuro about my symptoms, he said I really had nothing to worry about because my fasics were sporadic and that if they got continuous, then there might be a cause to worry. Well . . . as I said in my original post . . . they did get continuous and that caused me concern. I couldn't get a hold of him that day, so I came to this forum for advice.

So does this mean that the continous ones in my calfs are someting to worry about?

Chris

Sorry but im new

Since this thread is about fasciculations and all. I just had some ?'s

Right now i am unemployed so seeing a doctor isnt possible right now, So i have to rely on internet research.

Ive been reading about this everywhere and im driving myself crazy over it. I just need some help and feedback. Thanks

But anyways i have constant fascics in my two lower legs. They twitch constantly. But today i woke up and they both have burning sensations, And i have pains in my both knee caps when i walk. any advice links or anything would be helpful. I am soo very sorry to hijack this thread, Cheers JD

Hi JD. Burning sensations and knee pain are not normally ALS related. Try googling them rather than twitches.

AL.

Hi JD. Welcome to the forum. I have not been Dx with ALS but have found this place a saving grace. How long have your symptoms been present and do you have any other symptoms? If it was sudden onset I would suspect it to be a viral or autoimmune process...those of course are only guesses. Are there any free clinics in your area>?

Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back