Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Spring
I have posted a couple of times on here and I wanted to say thank you to everyone who replied with encouraging words. I am really scared now. I went to the neurologist on Friday and after reviewing the results o the MRI with me, normal except for a small non specific lesion in the cervical spine, he wants to do an EMG next week. I am not afraid it's gonna hurt I'm so scared of the results. I am only 24 and just got married in November 06 and I feel like I am all alone. My poor husband is trying his best to deal with me but I don't think he really understands why I am so scared. The doctor said he his gut feeling is that it's my thyroid (my TSH was 143 and my thyroid is producing little to no T4 at all) but I just can't shake this feeling that it's more than that. I try to keep telling myself that it's gonna come out clean and that I am just getting worked up over nothing but I can't keep myself from going back to this feeling of dread. The doctor gave me anxiety mediine but it just makes me sleepy and I have a full time job. I tried to talk to one of my close friends about how I am feeling and she just nodded and changed the subject. I don't want to say anything to my mom b/c I don't want her to be worried more than she is. I'm sorry I know I am rambling I just needed somewhere to unload and from what I've read on here you guys are really understanding, so thanks again for llistening.

Thank you Annemarie for your response. I keep trying to tell myself that it but I just have this constant feeling of doom. I absoultely hate feeling like this and hate that my husband is having to put up with me. I do have one more question for you guys, I went out with my husband and some friends a couple of weeks ago and I had a couple of drinks, when I tried to go to sleep that night I had the uncontrollable urge to move, that's never happened to me before after having a couple of drinks. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Thanks again.

Renee,

YOu will drive yourself absolutely nuts, it's probably about 99% you don't have ALS based upon what you have said. your TSH levels are off....you and your doc should be heading down that road, look up thyroid symptoms...

On your anxiety meds, what type, they shouldn't make you tired, if they do, they are not the right ones.

YOu should try thyroid meds...

Good luck

jamie

Thank you again Annmaire and Jamie, I do truly appreciate your kind and encouraging words. I go for the EMG on May 25 so until then all I can do is wait and pray. I am on thyroid medication, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism over 10 years ago, but do to lack of insurance I had been off them for almost 9 months. There are a couple of things that I didn't put on previous posts like I am certian I am losing muscle in my right leg, not my calf but down more around my ankle, when I tried to show the neuro he said he would have to get a tape measure to see if I was losing muscle because it didn't look like it to him. I also get these veibrating sensations in my feet and hands. It feels like I am holding a vibrating phone or something but you can't see anything. Anyways, thanks again for your replies, I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back