Now Extremly Concerned....(opinions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
are u sure about this?

i have twitching in my elbow/forearm region, biceps...jumping twitches, thigss, calves, neck, shoulder occasionally...lately the most prominent have def been biceps and thighs though.

My neuro said that with ALS the progression is segmented, it doesnt happen everywhere at once (and I am constantly twitching everywhere, and I mean everywhere for about 1 1/2 years now).

Cody;

When i hold my arm in nearly the same position, i can also see some dents when i hold the light from a certain angle.. well, not as big as yours.. but everyone is different.

i know..i just dont recall it always being there.

codya:

I have wasting in both of my thenar areas. The one on the left is now flat-usually in most people depending on what they do for a living- this area is bulky. This is where my first twitch began. This is also the area in which I first noted weakness. ( trouble opening pkgs,doing daughters hair, gripping the steering whell in certian positions) I also have spasticity here and use the tips of my fingers to grab.(claw hand) The hypothenar area ( the meaty piece that runs the length from the bottom of your pinky to near base of your hand is also flat. My grip and pinch strength are greatly reduced in left hand. My right hand started in several months later, and is just now beginning to cause minor troubles. mainly with grip. I also have cramping in both of these areas as well as fasiculations.

My feet are beginning the same process- left first- then right, mainly in soles/heels,etc. These are now so flat I am having custom molded orthotics to assist in my walking.

Hopefully this helps. I would think you would be noticing a difference in the way you live your life if muscle weakness was happening. I leave cap off my deodorant/hairspray/bought pump- shampoo and conditioner and a new coffee pot so I just put the cup up and it dispenses as I couldnt hold a full pot of coffee anylonger.

Cindy

Hey Cindy- I finally trained everybody who lives in or visits my home to assume the caps on things are not fully closed, and NOT to close them in order to be helpful.

Last thanksgiving my niece went into the fridge and shook the bottle of salad dressing all over herself and the floor, thinking it was fully closed.

I gave her a look and said, "Do we need to put up signs to remind people that in this handicapped household we never close things fully?"

Then someone asked why and I pulled a Zaphoon. "Carpal Tunnel!" I said. :lol:

CindyM,

You "pulled a Zaphoon"?

Oh, no! What have I done?:mrgreen:

Zaphoon

ok, so if this happens to be atrophy...what other kinds of things can cause the widespreas twitching and atrophy..other than ALS?
CIDP.
Laurel

How about a pinched nerve?

Zaphoon

Al or Wright, I would really appreciate your opinions if available?

Your pictures are pretty grainy but I don't see anything that looks really abnormal. Let us know what your test today says.

AL.

test is actually next friday..but thank you, and i will let u know.

Zaphoon- I've been using the short-hand explanation of Carpal tunnel for months. It really works! Most people don't want to hear the long version, anyway. And most days I have no time to give it! LOL!

CindyM,

Carpal Tunnel cracked me up! I'll have to remember that one, too!

As far as the long version goes, there is always us, right here.

My next appointment is in just a couple of weeks for my pinched nerve. I'm sure I'll have fun relating my next visit with the "clinic". I'm practicing on looking sick. Last time I was told I didn't look sick. Doing plenty of mirror time and I almost have it down.;-)

Zaphoon

Last edited:
Zaphoon

LOL<, too funny! everyone tells me that I dont look sick! That is good in a lot of ways. I dont want alot of folks knowing my business.

Yeah, I'm wondering when I'm going to look at someone after they say " well, you don't look sick at all", I might just fire back at them " was I supposed to have blotches or something?"

I'm only kidding, I'm thankful I don't "look" sick, makes it easier to sound like a complete drunk with the cashier at Kmart or the bank, and they have to continue to wonder what the hell was wrong with me!:lol::lol::lol:

fun to all,
brenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back